New Clesana C1 Waterless Toilet (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Manufacturer website here https://clesana.com/en/home/ for full info. - new waterless toilet from Dusseldorf Caravan Salon Show. Can see that some converters may fit as no need for an external locker & very simple fitting but only works with their bags which could be limiting & costly & doesn't sound like the bags are compostable so maybe not so green as claimed. Can imagine there are a lot of DIY versions in use but this one claims to be cleaner.

Clesana C2

"The C1 toilet by Clesana works completely without water. Instead, a plastic tube is pulled over a frame under the toilet seat. After every use of the toilet, a fan creates a slight overpressure on the outside, whereupon the part used is compressed. Welded at the top and separated from the rest, everything then falls into a drawer. The C1 works with 12 volts, can be rotated, is mounted on a base or L-adapter and can be retrofitted for all toilet types. The system costs from 1249 euros, tubular bags (26–30 inserts) from 12.50 euros."

Last edited:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Pity it doesn't separate the pee/poo but you can sort that one yourself I suppose. €1250 is probably going to drop over time if the system takes off - you don't mind tying your own bag you could probably do a similar job for a lot lot less.

Good to know more manufacturers are starting to look at alternatives to the traditional chemical methods. And, now that everyone is familiar with "doggy bags" it should be less offensive to those you get offended :)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Pity it doesn't separate the pee/poo but you can sort that one yourself I suppose. €1250 is probably going to drop over time if the system takes off - you don't mind tying your own bag you could probably do a similar job for a lot lot less.

Good to know more manufacturers are starting to look at alternatives to the traditional chemical methods. And, now that everyone is familiar with "doggy bags" it should be less offensive to those you get offended :)
Yes but i still dont like the idea of dumping in a bag :rofl: never have and never will

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Doggy bags in the pound shop are cheap and a piss bucket. How much will that lot cost. 💩👍🥃🦶😷

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Co-op bags are biodegradable might suit.

Cheers James

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I've often thought that doggy bags in PLASTIC are a bad idea. Now we're wrapping human poo in plastic too?

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Leave them on the trees at your favourite beauty spots or overnight stays
Jim will start a new section for your photos.
I will start it off with a particularly active night my wife and i had earlier in the year :giggle:
0_CB_LSA_DogPooBagTree_03.jpg

Last edited:

Conrad J

Free Member
Jul 10, 2020
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 646
Exp
Since 1999.
Even if the bags claim to be "biodegradable," it depends on how. Some need an industrial composting system, won't degrade otherwise so not much better than plastic. Why not just use green toilet fluid in conventional flushing bog?

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Is the demonstrator in the photo wearing a mask for Covid or the pong?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
Quite an old thread so can we cut out the jokes please.

The Waterless Toilets have been around a while now and are being put in as standard or specified on new Motorhomes, has anyone got practical experience of using this system?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Quite an old thread so can we cut out the jokes please.

The Waterless Toilets have been around a while now and are being put in as standard or specified on new Motorhomes, has anyone got practical experience of using this system?

I considered changing over to a waterless loo and watched a few long term reviews of the Separett Tiny on Youtube which appears to be the market leader for waterless loos and is a lot cheaper than the Clasana one, but it was not a practical swap for our existing loo, plus the extended time gain between empting was for us negated by carrying a second cassette which we do.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Manufacturer website here https://clesana.com/en/home/ for full info. - new waterless toilet from Dusseldorf Caravan Salon Show. Can see that some converters may fit as no need for an external locker & very simple fitting but only works with their bags which could be limiting & costly & doesn't sound like the bags are compostable so maybe not so green as claimed. Can imagine there are a lot of DIY versions in use but this one claims to be cleaner.

Clesana C2

"The C1 toilet by Clesana works completely without water. Instead, a plastic tube is pulled over a frame under the toilet seat. After every use of the toilet, a fan creates a slight overpressure on the outside, whereupon the part used is compressed. Welded at the top and separated from the rest, everything then falls into a drawer. The C1 works with 12 volts, can be rotated, is mounted on a base or L-adapter and can be retrofitted for all toilet types. The system costs from 1249 euros, tubular bags (26–30 inserts) from 12.50 euros."
I wondered what became of those old 'bucket & chuckit,' type toilets?

They added a bag! 😀

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

I have for sale, an old 5gall oil drum with the top cut off and a bag of kitty litter to go in it.
Disposal in any general use dustbin.

Open to offers! (6 sold, only 1 left!)

Yet another exclusive offer from ....
FUNSTERS FIXIT!

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
it was not a practical swap for our existing loo, plus the extended time gain between empting was for us negated by carrying a second cassette which we do.
We do this currently but surely going Waterless negates the need to carry a spare cassette.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We do this currently but surely going Waterless negates the need to carry a spare cassette.

When we have had to use both cassettes, it has extended our time to find a dump point to 7 day, which is what seems to be the time you get before you need to empty the waterless loo's, so unless you intend to dump your solids from the waterless in a trash bin, which I'm not happy about, then for us there is no great advantage to waterless.

I have read in several places when researching waterless loo's, that the dumping of the solids from waterless loo's is banned in undesignated bins for the canal living community in a lot of places.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Quite an old thread so can we cut out the jokes please
Why?
The Waterless Toilets have been around a while now and are being put in as standard or specified on new Motorhomes,
Which ones?
has anyone got practical experience of using this system?
Anyone with a dog deals with Poo in a bag

I genuinely cannot see the appeal. If your that desperate not to empty a cassette simply spread a Sainsbury's plastic carrier bag over your existing loo and pee and crap in that!

Mind you if I found someone putting g bags of human waste in our bins they'd be kicked straight off and wear the contents if they got gobby

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
Why?

Which ones?

Anyone with a dog deals with Poo in a bag

I genuinely cannot see the appeal. If your that desperate not to empty a cassette simply spread a Sainsbury's plastic carrier bag over your existing loo and pee and crap in that!

Mind you if I found someone putting g bags of human waste in our bins they'd be kicked straight off and wear the contents if they got gobby

Very helpful.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Sorry, you don’t tell people what they can and can’t post

Also there are no manufacturers fitted poo bag toilets I know of, so I asked you which ones do fit them as you suggested there were

But thank you for critique 👍🏻

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back