New britstops?Worth joining? (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Have been a member in the past but not for a couple of years.Im sure originally I paid £25 but see now it’s almost double at £44.What do people who are members think please?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Funny really how these things change over time.
There was a time 12 years ago or so when a member on here started a website of places to stop, nearly everyone castigated him saying he was getting his stuff off other people sites and they wouldn't be using it and in the end he left, but now everyone seems to use it and recommend it over others.
The name of this site, ?
Searchforsites.
I would just like to add I wasn't one of them and have used it right from the beginning although now I have more or less changed to park4night.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
For Sale
Funny really how these things change over time.
There was a time 12 years ago or so when a member on here started a website of places to stop, nearly everyone castigated him saying he was getting his stuff off other people sites and they wouldn't be using it and in the end he left, but now everyone seems to use it and recommend it over others.
The name of this site, ?
Searchforsites.
I would just like to add I wasn't one of them and have used it right from the beginning although now I have more or less changed to park4night.
yes.. remember it well.. I have the paid version .. it's my 'go-to' app

However, no app has every site or location, I also subscribe to Campercontact and have a free version of P4N.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
yes.. remember it well.. I have the paid version .. it's my 'go-to' app

However, no app has every site or location, I also subscribe to Campercontact and have a free version of P4N.
I wonder what happened to the guy who started it, does he still own it?

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We are off on a short staycation soon and decided to P4N our intended route to find places to go and things to see. Soon realising most park ups were unsuitable or just not good places to stop. Looking for pubs around there, googling whether the carpark is accessible and big enough was sole destroying. So, after seeing Tom from britstops in the latest motorhomeMatt podcast, I decided to give it another go for this year.
Soo much easier and guaranteed place to stay. Updated all the time, coordinates and sat nav details and also a route planner. Expensive yes, but 20% deal available. Two nights on a campsite and you’re paid for.
And no, britstops do not make anything from the hosts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
We are off on a short staycation soon and decided to P4N our intended route to find places to go and things to see. Soon realising most park ups were unsuitable or just not good places to stop. Looking for pubs around there, googling whether the carpark is accessible and big enough was sole destroying. So, after seeing Tim from britstops in the latest motorhomeMatt podcast, I decided to give it another go for this year.
Soo much easier and guaranteed place to stay. Updated all the time, coordinates and sat nav details and also a route planner. Expensive yes, but 20% deal available. Two nights on a campsite and you’re paid for.
And no, britstops do not make anything from the hosts.
It’s horses for courses I suppose. The fact it only covers UK and Ireland makes it pretty redundant to me, therefore expensive.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
We don't tour much in the UK but we did join in 2020 and really struggled finding nice places to stay :( I think in the end we only stayed at one place (a farm shop) and even there we were up on a verge alongside their access road as there wasn't a dedicated MH area, just their car park. Which we were told was too busy for us to park in until after they'd closed. We did try another place (a pub) but again the car park was far too small for a 7.5m MH, only really suitable for small vans, so we ended up at the campsite next door. Maybe we were just unlucky (and to be fair we didn't give it another chance....we headed back over the channel as soon as we were allowed to), but I think we've been spoiled by France Passion where the parking areas are almost always dedicated to MHs and have plenty of space.

I do wonder which businesses Britstops market themselves at and whether they do any checks whatsoever: there's a couple of pubs near us that both signed up for Britstops recently, neither of which I would have said had suitable parking for MHs, and one of them the car park is extremely tight even for cars, and is almost always full anyway.
I don’t like the fact they publish it as being ‘free stopovers’ but have about 1/4 of them paid stops. 🤔

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back