Netflix - Crazy Problem

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
On my TV last week I suddenly got the message that I was using a VPN or Proxy. I wasn't using either and Netflix wouldn't play.

The following day all was fine (as it has been for the last two years - and nothing has changed in that time).

Today I got exactly the same message again.

The crazy thing is Netflix will run on my tablet, laptop and Firestick - all of which are running a VPN (Surfshark).

So when I'm not using a VPN, Netflix thinks I am, and when I am using one, Netflix thinks I am not!

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Or any suggestions?

(The VPN is not installed on my WiFi router).

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ITINEO A CLASS
Exp
Since 09 2018
We've been away for 10 days now and haven't even thought of Tv.....too much to see and do...

Cheers🍻

OP
OP
GoldenVision
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
Can't answer your question, but there's some useful background info here that may help explain why some work and some get blocked.

Thanks for the pointer. Without going into a lot of boring detail, as the article says, Netflix are now targeting domestic IP addresses that VPNs are now using to disguise their identity. And that's a very wide net, and catching people like me! The problem isn't with my ISP, but with my MESH system that's re-assigning my IP - seemingly to one that Netflix occasionally targets.

Anyway I have enough understanding to hopefully sort things out - so thanks again!

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Sadly don’t understand any of the explanation Golden Vision, but our Netflix thinks we ( billpayers ) are not now part of the Netflix household we pay for… we can watch as us on Apple TV and on I pass etc when in van if we sign in. Techie grandkids at a loss to help, but they can watch our Netflix anywhere😀😀😀

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back