PeteH

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
My Yellow (Arctic) one stays nice and supple even in the snow. The drawback is because it was made up when I needed a very long run during a self build, at 40+ft its really too long for regular use, but I am reluctant to shorten it!. I do however always flake it right out and not leave it in loops when in use. Its heavy duty and will take 20+amps if asked. because it is so flexible it coils and lays nicely. I also carry a 6M (ish) orange one, which is the result of driving a "mini digger" over it! when it was longer and younger!.

Khizzie

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I use a blue one. had it for many years after buying a reel of blue cable at a car boot sale. (Hence why I've an unused orange one for sale!) Never once had a comment about it in this country or the many other countries I've visited. Given that the blue cable is designated for 240v outside use in all weathers how could they complain? After all the same colour coding is used for the connecting plugs and sockets.
Same as, I only use blue, and never had any comments from either clubs in the UK in the past 10+years.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ditto, cut my 15m cable & made a 10m & 15m cable - normally 10m is enough.

You could make a fortune out of doing that for all the Funsters! They never like to miss out on a bargain and 10m for free, well.................................!:p;):)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Ditto, cut my 15m cable & made a 10m & 15m cable - normally 10m is enough.

I was going to do this (still might). However it's worth noting that the CAMH don't allow connecting multiple shorter cables together:

B* CONNECTING CABLE harmonised code H07RN-F or H05VV-F or equivalent (BS6007 or 6500) 25 metres maximum (+ or – 2 metres) long of three core cable (live (brown), neutral (blue) and earth (green/yellow)) each core of 2.5mm squared section.

Shorter cables may not reach from the bollard to your van on some sites and extra connector cables to add length are not permitted.

from https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/useful-information/hooking-up-to-the-mains/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back