NEC saved me a lot of money

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Given the huge hike in new van prices, I’m wondering what’s the most reliable place for a current valuation, particularly for vans which aren’t partially common in the UK e.g. Weinsberg special editions? I suspect my insurance valuation is not high enough but not sure what it should be and what the insurance company might expect?
I have just re insured mine, looking round at similar motorhomes on the market I increased the insurance in line with the current average market price.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
IMHO having had one of both British (Swift) German (Cathargo) admittedly neither were new but both within 6000 miles new.
Accessories
Swift, all steering wheel controls ie radio etc, standard
Cathargo None even in top range models, an extra.

Swift heating/hot water Alde including electric option. Standard
Carthargo, anything above Truma basic blown air gas water heating only option for hook up blown air, anything else extra.

Cooking Swift full English built in oven/grill/hob Standard
Cartargo. basic 3 ring gas hob and fridge freezer.

Build quality subjective but in all honesty I don't think there's a lot in it, depending on price point

Electrics, better standard equipment in Swift, Sargent no less reliable than ELB.

Insulation, if you just wish to use your M/H in Britain ideal with the Alde you will never be cold.
Abroad in winter the heat loss becomes more of a problem but not any worse than Truma blown air basic.

Design. I love the driving position/view you have from an A class much prefer it to driving our car.

The biggest plus for me is the double floor/garage space all heated.

In my opinion If Swift did a double floor A class at a similar price point to Cathargo it would be a serious contender.

My opinion is purely my own, comparing price with the Cathago before the present situation we find ourselves in it was almost double the price of the Swift. (y)
Construction of walls, roof, floor, insulation material, resistance to damp when 10+ years old. Surely better in the Carthago?

Shrimp

Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We went to the NEC this weekend to have a look at a particular couple of vans with the view to possibly changing next year. We also had a few that we wanted to look at knowing we would probably discount them from the list but have a look anyway.
We had a really good look at the two we were seriously considering and decided that we prefer our current van and wouldn’t gain anything by changing, looks like I just saved myself a possible £30k spend!
What I did notice was some of the vans that were on the possible list had some pretty poor build quality and strange details.
Looks like we will be sticking with our Globecar for the foreseeable future. Once we retire (sadly a few years off yet) and and get to spend a lot more weeks away at a time we may have a rethink.
That’s the way to do it!
It would cost us an 2 arms & 2 legs to change and bring a ‘new’ van up to what we have now.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
We went to the NEC this weekend to have a look at a particular couple of vans with the view to possibly changing next year. We also had a few that we wanted to look at knowing we would probably discount them from the list but have a look anyway.
We had a really good look at the two we were seriously considering and decided that we prefer our current van and wouldn’t gain anything by changing, looks like I just saved myself a possible £30k spend!
What I did notice was some of the vans that were on the possible list had some pretty poor build quality and strange details.
Looks like we will be sticking with our Globecar for the foreseeable future. Once we retire (sadly a few years off yet) and and get to spend a lot more weeks away at a time we may have a rethink.
Me too

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Yes, every time I go in one I think I need it😂😂
But the reality kicks in and I realise I’ve had some right tight episodes on my travels with the one I have as I don’t plan or look ahead so could and would definitely get into trouble with a bigger van😁😁
Shame , we really need someone on the forum to buy one😎😆😇, it would be a good I have bought a new van thread🤷🏻‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Probably would be, I have a new divorce thread if I had bought one😁😁
You always need to off set these things you know, you book her favourite cruise, on the same day you order the new empire😇😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back