NEC MH Show 15th thru 20th October (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Was hoping to go to the NEC show but the on-site temporary camp is understandably fully booked. What are the alternatives, drive down in the car I s'pose.

Or maybe the train? but that would stop us buying anything and taking it away.....

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
In a similar position as we have won two tickets and too late for the camping. Is it easy enough to go in and out from the NEC to the car park? Our dog is fine being left for a little while and we have a camera. Would want to pop back though just in case.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Was hoping to go to the NEC show but the on-site temporary camp is understandably fully booked. What are the alternatives, drive down in the car I s'pose.

Or maybe the train? but that would stop us buying anything and taking it away.....
There's plenty of space to take a MH, even if you're not on the campsite. However, after an horrendous experience of trying to get into the car parks from the M42 last year (it took about 40 minutes to do about four miles) this February I stayed locally and went across to the NEC early. I breakfasted in my van while I watched others arriving, and the steady stream of walkers going to the on-site Starbucks.

In a similar position as we have won two tickets and too late for the camping. Is it easy enough to go in and out from the NEC to the car park? Our dog is fine being left for a little while and we have a camera. Would want to pop back though just in case.
It's easy enough, but the distances can be pretty long, as can the queues for the buses. Personally, I'm not sure I'd go out of the show to my van, and then back again into the show. I'm sure others have done so, though.

Nov 4, 2022
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
We are overnighting in the nearby Toby Carvery car park, as lots do.

Book a table, tell them reg number, job done.

If you have a blue badge the disabled car park is across from the piazza main entrance

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
I've booked at the Hollies C&CC. From there it's a one mile walk to Berkswell station with direct trains to Birmingham International. Maybe worth a try?

Jan 3, 2020
Mile Oak, Tamworth
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
Since 2008
Around the NEC traffic is not good right now. They are building a new interchange to serve the airport and the NEC…on top of that HS2 is creating havoc so the M42 is on a continual go slow. I travel through it all 3 times a week and always allow an extra hour.
If visiting the NEC travel early get there at 8am and wait for it to open…or travel after 10 when traffic is less but you will still queue. Don’t attempt to exit NEC between 4.30 and 6.30pm.
Sounds horrendous…it is 😣
Clemmo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back