Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
I just came on to add this. We're hoping to go to Scotland in September, so will be watching this with interest. Do we have Jon & Sue in our midst 🤔

DandJ

Free Member
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
It really is hilarious how a route on existing roads that have been available for anyone to go and drive round for decades...has become like the Holy Grail of 'adventure'. The power of marketing.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Booked campsites all the way round I bet, yet another visit Sango Sands Campsite, then onto Smoo Cave.:sleep:
LES

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
What's wrong with that - won't be upsetting the locals anyway
Exactly my point, they wouldn't want add any further amo to the local media, especially being televised.
I wonder if they will do a litter pick when they stop for lunch in a nice scenic lay bye, as we have done in the past, then found no empty litter bins.:swear: Good job we have a large garage to take the black bags with us, but I still didnt get a Blue Peter Badge😇
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Exactly my point, they wouldn't want add any further amo to the local media, especially being televised.
I wonder if they will do a litter pick when they stop for lunch in a nice scenic lay bye, as we have done in the past, then found no empty litter bins.:swear: Good job we have a large garage to take the black bags with us, but I still didnt get a Blue Peter Badge😇
LES
Do you really pick up other peoples litter?

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Looking forward to watching it too. I had never heard of this route until a few months ago. The power of the media. It will be interesting to see what the locals have to say. If they get to have a say that is.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Do you really pick up other peoples litter?
Yes, if its dry and we are not in a rush, there is nothing more annoying to be miles out in a very remote beautiful unspoilt place to find litter, mainly from cars, sometimes tenters, like coke tins, food wrappings, fag packets, empty Gas BBQ cannisters etc I do draw the line at nappy sacks, depends on my mood & the place at the time.
Yes I have had some funny looks from lorry & Van drivers as they go behind a wall for a leak, yes I have had one ask if they could use our loo also.:rolleyes:
LES

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
No spoilers please as I am recording it.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
It really is hilarious how a route on existing roads that have been available for anyone to go and drive round for decades...has become like the Holy Grail of 'adventure'. The power of marketing.
It's just the power of the media like any other tourist spots.

I used to read evo magazine ( a performance car mag) and they often used a series of roads in Wales to test cars) Pretty soon it was known as the Evo triangle and became very popular with petrol heads until the Welsh police became aware.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Langtoftlad you were right about mainly drone shots !!
Doesn't half annoy me that
Watched a doc - New Zealand by Train - nearly all drone shots
Holiday brochures do it too
Just went on a themed holiday "Little Trains of the Pyrenees", very enjoyable but no way to capture a photo like this...
1*-kkpXTMgnPa_BE2xL9ftQA.jpeg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I can’t believe we’ve been hearing about complaints regarding the amount of Motorhomes on the NC500, and then we have a National TV programme showing the world and his wife what a wonderful place it is to visit in a moho :rofl:

Only one fleeting mention of the murderous Scottish Midge too. Having encountered the midge on a boating holiday on the West Coast once, I have no wish to do the NC500 anytime soon!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I know, I feel so sorry for the locals who are suffering. This programme has just made things worse. Just to reassure the locals, you won't be seeing me there anytime soon, midges eat me. I have lovely white salty skin :giggle:
To be fair, I bought every deterrent going - spray, wrist bands, even hats incorporating mosquito nets, but as long as we kept the boat at 20 knots, they couldn’t catch us!

The following year we took the boats to Ireland and cruised down the Shannon. I left the deterrents at home, and got bitten to pieces by the Scottish midge’s Irish cousin!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back