Nationwide Flex Plus Account Insurance (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Has anyone renewed this year with what is now Aviva as opposed to UK Insurance.
Last year with UK we paid just over £144 extra for existing medical conditions and trip extension. We paid the premium for 70 years of age to cover us until 28th June. (We paid pro rata for 6 months)
We have just asked about the coming 12 months and have been quoted by Aviva £257 for existing medical conditions (they are the same conditions as last year), plus £141.72 for one trip at 57 days and another later in the year for 59 days (Morocco) at a cost of £156.12. On the "bright" side they do not have a maximum age limit , so no charge/supplement.
So, a total of £557 plus for the same cover as last year!! Admittedly we would have had to pay the full year age extension which I believe is £40.
That is just under a 400% increase, is that not ridiculous? I will try other providers.
I have tried Tesco bank so far but they will only cover for 30 days duration. All the others are closed until Monday.
Anyone have any idea who else to get a quote from?

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Whatever you do, make sure you lodge a complaint with Nationwide (I have).

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Just been on line with Aviva. After reading several threads on here was dreading it. Pleasantly surprised health conditions upgrade £122 compared to £195 with UK insurance last year. Trip extension £110 compared to £115 last year. So with another trip will be about £350 altogether so only about £40 more than last year.
Wish my van insurance had only gone up that much!😁

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We called Aviva the other day as we’re currently planning our retirement trip, we are 56 and 55 with some medical conditions but nothing that is life threatening or would cause a hospital visit. For a 60 day trip, so that’s 29 days on top of the standard 31 we were quoted £71 without covering existing issues. We then tried insure&go but they wouldn’t give us the choice to not cover existing conditions, didn’t get a quote in the end so will try others before deciding

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have just been on the phone with Aviva re them taking over from UK Insurance as our upgrades are due 24th August 2024.

Pleased that the age 70 upgrade is gone, saving £70

Pleased that the Cruise Cover is now included (was £40 last year)

Also pleased that I read the T&c's where it asks about medical conditions in mentions 'where in the last 12 months before booking a trip'.....

I told the lady from Aviva that I had a hip replacement on 1 March 2023 and was discharged from further treatment 26 May 2023 she said there would be no charge this year under the' previous 12 month rule.' I had paid £37 medical upgrade for this, my only medical declaration, last year

So well pleased this year, especially as I had been able to tell Green Flag that I wouldn't require our standalone car breakdown insurance renewed earlier in the year as well!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
We have just been on the phone with Aviva re them taking over from UK Insurance as our upgrades are due 24th August 2024.

Pleased that the age 70 upgrade is gone, saving £70

Pleased that the Cruise Cover is now included (was £40 last year)

Also pleased that I read the T&c's where it asks about medical conditions in mentions 'where in the last 12 months before booking a trip'.....

I told the lady from Aviva that I had a hip replacement on 1 March 2023 and was discharged from further treatment 26 May 2023 she said there would be no charge this year under the' previous 12 month rule.' I had paid £37 medical upgrade for this, my only medical declaration, last year

So well pleased this year, especially as I had been able to tell Green Flag that I wouldn't require our standalone car breakdown insurance renewed earlier in the year as well!
My opinion is the opposite of yours I’m afraid. Used to pay once for trip extensions, whereas now you pay for each individual trip. This has been £30 per trip so far. A couple of minor medical conditions that were previously no charge are now £30 per year.

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Used to pay once for trip extensions, whereas now you pay for each individual trip. This has been £30 per trip so far.

I did try to get a ball park figure for +31 day extensions from the lady I spoke to but she was insistant that they were dealt with on an individual basis!
We've stuck to 31 days for any overseas trip in the last 12 months.
But as an example, we paid £310 (Staysure) for 60 days travel insurance early 2023 before switching to Nationwide.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
I did try to get a ball park figure for +31 day extensions from the lady I spoke to but she was insistant that they were dealt with on an individual basis!
We've stuck to 31 days for any overseas trip in the last 12 months.
But as an example, we paid £310 (Staysure) for 60 days travel insurance early 2023 before switching to Nationwide.
You can get the quote by going online and putting in your dates. I do this and pay online as well.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Whatever you do, make sure you lodge a complaint with Nationwide (I have).
Just done the same through the Kings Lynn Branch. A very pleasant young lady listened, read the OP's post as an example, understood where I was coming from, then compiled a feedback statement for me, using my registered email address for a reply.

She said that the branch staff were unaware that the change of provider had resulted in quite a change in pricing, conditions, and a lesser service for a particular group of customers.

Just waiting for a reply now. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Last Sunday my granddaughter was visited by a doctor in Corfu who diagnosed an infected ear, dispensed antibiotics and painkillers for a charge of €180. Her mother had forgotten to take her GHIC 🙄
This morning at 10am my daughter submitted a claim and at 10:57 she got a response saying that Aviva would pay €180, converted to £156:33 less the £50 excess, into her bank account within 3 days.
Quite impressive!

Gordon
(£1 = €1:15)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back