Nationwide card reader needed (12 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
I can log in but I cannot transfer money out of my Nationwide account into another of my own accounts with a different bank.
To do that, I need to set myself up as a "new payee" and that requires a card reader.
I would understand these security measures if I was trying to transfer money to some random person but it's to me, the account holder!
As has been said. Any card reader will work. Any bank should have one so go into the nearest and ask.
Hope you get sorted

OP
OP
N
Aug 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Trigano
I had a similar problem some time ago, I was able to send money to another of my account, which was already set up. We have had two current accounts for years, we don't need them but as they're free and each has features the other doesn't have we have kept both.
I've got a FlexDirect and a FlexPlus but I never set myself up as a payee for any of them (if only I had known!).

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I've been using the other account (first direct) for years to fund my Nationwide account, it's just that I never transferred INTO that first direct account.
But that's why I expected their system to recognise that both are my own accounts and that I'm not trying to commit some kind of fraud.
I know that such an assumption makes sense, however, when your NW account is fed a deposit by another source, NW have no recordable record of where that deposit came from.
We discovered this when receiving funds from Funsters to pay for rallies we were organising.
Sure, we got the name of the supplying person but you wouldn't expect the receiving Bank, in this case NW to accept that, for instance, John Smith's account from say Lloyds, was the same John Smith who was receiving money into his NW account.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N
Aug 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Trigano
I know that such an assumption makes sense, however, when your NW account is fed a deposit by another source, NW have no recordable record of where that deposit came from.
We discovered this when receiving funds from Funsters to pay for rallies we were organising.
Sure, we got the name of the supplying person but you wouldn't expect the receiving Bank, in this case NW to accept that, for instance, John Smiths account from saying Lloyds was the same John Smith who was receiving money into his NW account.
My name is slightly more unusual than John Smith though 😂
But I understand what you mean.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
Don't suppose you have someone else (you trust) already set up as a payee that could act as an intermediary?

PS. I have always found Nationwide staff to be very helpful but setting up a new payee can be a pain (especially with the "are you sure", "are you absolutely sure" protections).

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
As Brochmike says above, use an intermediary.
Send money to an existing payee you can trust, get them to pay said amount into your other bank account.

OP
OP
N
Aug 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Trigano
As Brochmike says above, use an intermediary.
Send money to an existing payee you can trust, get them to pay said amount into your other bank account.
I haven't set up any payees on any of my NW accounts I'm afraid.
I use first direct as my main account for purchases, bills etc.

Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Can you send money out of your First Direct account to a relative and get them to pay into your NW account?

OP
OP
N
Aug 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Trigano
Can you send money out of your First Direct account to a relative and get them to pay into your NW account?
I need to move it the other direction, from NW to first direct...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back