Nationwide Breakdown (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
I just wanted to share my recent experience.
Whilst travelling home on the A68 in Northumberland, I realised from the road noise that something was wrong, so I pulled into a parking bay next to some houses to investigate. My front driver-side tyre was completely flat. I realised that the best way to contact the AA was by using the AA app and following the instructions for reporting a breakdown. At the end of the process I still had to call and speak to a real person, who I had to correct when they said my motorhome was over the 3,500kg limit. However he quickly realised that the Nationwide policy states a 7,500kg limit. Everything else went very smoothly and the AA young man turned up and fitted my 13 year old spare wheel. Which only needed a top up of air and I was on my way.
My thoughts are:
It was much safer for the AA man to change the wheel, rather than attempting myself.
Thank goodness my motorhome has an actual spare wheel (now fully tested).
The service from the AA was excellent.
But most of all, one of the residents came out and gave us home-made ginger cake and a cold drink. A lovely act of kindness.
Arrived home feeling quite positive.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
You need to get your 13 year old tyre off of your van and replace it with a new one it's not safe now it's too old

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I used the European service a month ago. Not only did they have a mechanic out with us quickly but the call handler made sure we were safe. Fixed in no time and a follow up call to make sure all was good. French garage sent a detailed description and photos so I could take it up with the dealer who had serviced the van just before we left. The dealer chose not to comment

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back