N/wide Travel Ins'ce (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 30, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
BAILEY ADAMO 69-4
Aviva having takent over from UK, I have just had to renew my upgrades. Last year Uk charged £250.94 for 3 minor medical, 90 day extention and being over 70. Aviava boast that they have no age limit, so I had only to renew the first 2. Imagine my shock when they quoted £488.80, the 90 day extension was over £300! Having complained to Nationwide, they are looking into it but Aviva maintain that these are fair charges. As I can get a complete package from another insurer for more than £100 less, I have told them where to stick it. So far thier last response was to send a leaflet for complaints to the Ombudsman. So if you use this service and need upgrades, beware!

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I'm anticipating a big bill. Who's the other insurer, please?

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
They won’t insure me because of an underlying condition that doesn’t require treatment. Cover elsewhere for my wife and I at £300 for 90 days. I know the breakdown is good but is it worth the annual cost if I can’t get health cover.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
They won’t insure me because of an underlying condition that doesn’t require treatment. Cover elsewhere for my wife and I at £300 for 90 days. I know the breakdown is good but is it worth the annual cost if I can’t get health cover.
Yes I think so, don't forget you get the visa exchange rate and no charges withdrawing euros from ATMs

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Aviva having takent over from UK, I have just had to renew my upgrades. Last year Uk charged £250.94 for 3 minor medical, 90 day extention and being over 70. Aviava boast that they have no age limit, so I had only to renew the first 2. Imagine my shock when they quoted £488.80, the 90 day extension was over £300! Having complained to Nationwide, they are looking into it but Aviva maintain that these are fair charges. As I can get a complete package from another insurer for more than £100 less, I have told them where to stick it. So far thier last response was to send a leaflet for complaints to the Ombudsman. So if you use this service and need upgrades, beware!
I quoted on here a short while ago about similar increases. Nationwide did not want to know. Who did you complain to at Nationwide please? We are in the same situation as you, we can get full medical with days extension for two trips for just shy of £200 less than Aviva who do not charge for age extension!!! Aviva tell me that it is their underwriters that make the decisions who are different to UK insurance underwriters. Robbing barstewards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
started looking into this already was expecting something of a high cost quote from them. It was £234 for 31 days only.

God know what this years will be. Will see in a few of weeks whn I have to renew. But got a quote from LV on their premium which gives 90 days cover I believe. For both of us with health conditions and it was £486. That was just for Europe cover though. But that is all we will need for now.

But in relation to the breakdown. As it covers our 3 cars, motorbike and motorhome and the boss and I, all for £156 a year including Europe. Then the cost is worth it just for that.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Last year Uk charged £250.94 for 3 minor medical, 90 day extention and being over 70. Aviava boast that they have no age limit, so I had only to renew the first 2. Imagine my shock when they quoted £488.80, the 90 day extension was over £300!
Clearly the previous company (UK) weren't making any money and Aviva want to operate the health business at a decent profit or not have it all at the previous premium levels.

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
just done a quote as the wife has a few small medical issues ,,thought i was in for a shock ,,came up at extra £30 a year ,,think i will take that ,,

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
I bought it for the breakdown cover so anything else is a bonus really.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Me too - 2 minor issues which I had said I didn’t want UZ cover
Fully covered for £30 with Aviva
So minus thecc bc avecc BFF extension quids in
Is it the time extensions which are SO expensive?

OP
OP
BRANDYWINE
Jul 30, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
BAILEY ADAMO 69-4
I quoted on here a short while ago about similar increases. Nationwide did not want to know. Who did you complain to at Nationwide please? We are in the same situation as you, we can get full medical with days extension for two trips for just shy of £200 less than Aviva who do not charge for age extension!!! Aviva tell me that it is their underwriters that make the decisions who are different to UK insurance underwriters. Robbing barstewards.
The Nationwide CEO, Ms D Crosbie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
started looking into this already was expecting something of a high cost quote from them. It was £234 for 31 days only.

God know what this years will be. Will see in a few of weeks whn I have to renew. But got a quote from LV on their premium which gives 90 days cover I believe. For both of us with health conditions and it was £486. That was just for Europe cover though. But that is all we will need for now.

But in relation to the breakdown. As it covers our 3 cars, motorbike and motorhome and the boss and I, all for £156 a year including Europe. Then the cost is worth it just for that.
Update on travel insurance.

The Aviva quote including medical conditions was £182. So a fair bit less than last year.
Ok it’s only 31 days but that is fine with us for now.
Next year will be looking for ok get trips. Then will see what the additional cost is for one trip up to 60 days. But a fair bit to make up between the £182 and LV’s quote.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back