Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
Ok folks, be patient with me 😁 I have had a self built for the last 8 years ,then bought The Arto a few weeks back.
So it's investigate time and questions come along with that😁.there will be more but lets start with 2 things first as it what I have been looking at today.
I'm off to Tenerife on Monday for a wee break😎 so as we have had a few frosty mornings I decided to empty the Truma combi 6E that the van has ( i have used both heating and hot water and it works fine) just incase of any frost whilst im away and the results are not what i expected,!

I took the bottom door off the wardrobe to have a look as it's tight to get in there and found this.
IMG_20241005_153429_920.jpg

You can clearly see the pipe is squashed and restricted as it exits the downpipe from the frost valve.
Has anyone came across this before?
Looks like at that angle it should have a right angled fitting on it. It looks like it's always been that way possibly,so will have to figure out how to get that done so it can empty properly in the future.Hopefully there will be enough play in the hose to get at it when I unscrew the valve from the floor.
Any suggestions welcome,bit of a pita really .

Next question
Are these part of a strike back alarm? Asking as salesmen know nothing 😅.
I will give van bits a call when I get back from holiday as there is a bit of paperwork that suggests it may have an operating system but not tried it yet till I investigate,just incase I lock myself out or something 😅.there is alarm fitments on the hab door ,lockers and bonnet.
IMG_20241005_162459_044.jpgIMG_20241005_161603_680.jpg

This last one I found in the bottom of the wardrobe whilst looking at the drain valve, it was stuck to something originally as tacky on the back but cable disappeared under boiler and I can't trace it at the moment . Or could it be a remote sensor the oyster sat stuff is in the wardrobe.
Thanks in advance
Cheers Cris 🍻.

IMG_20241005_153006_729.jpg

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I would be tempted to leave it draining as is. If you put a 90 bend on it you may struggle to fit it ( measure) before attempting 😉 Cannot comment on the alarm 😉

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
Cris, the second photo is exactly the same as the remote used on my Vanbitz Growler.
That's good Peter looks like it has the alarms system just needs tested 👍

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It looks like a vanbitz remote and the siren bit👍
However, you will have to chat with AshVanBitz and be prepared to answer questions and provide proof that you now own this vehicle as the alarm will be registered under someone else’s name, this is NORMAL procedure, so don’t feel put out👍👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
I would be tempted to leave it draining as is. If you put a 90 bend on it you may struggle to fit it ( measure) before attempting 😉 Cannot comment on the alarm 😉
I have been thinking I should leave it well alone , might open a can of worms at least it's doing something 😁.
I should have my Irish passport through soon so the van hopefully won't see much winter weather 😎🇪🇦.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
It looks like a vanbitz remote and the siren bit👍
However, you will have to chat with AshVanBitz and be prepared to answer questions and provide proof that you now own this vehicle as the alarm will be registered under someone else’s name, this is NORMAL procedure, so don’t feel put out👍👍
Ye I read somewhere before about security questions for new owners. Will give them a call when I get back and hopefully get it sorted and up and running 👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
Re pic 2.
Can you not shorten the blue pipe to reduce the currently tight angle of the drain hose bend?
Ye possibly or I may be able to lift the valve up a bit and achieve the same result.
Good call never thought about that👍

Upvote 0

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
If you warm it with a hot air gun or hairdryer you should be able to fit it inside a plastic elbow of suitable size to help hold its shape and then refit

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Chris just be careful with the pipe on the boiler it may have gone brittle over the years - then it’s a case of removing the boiler - don’t ask how I know 😳😉

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Ok folks, be patient with me 😁 I have had a self built for the last 8 years ,then bought The Arto a few weeks back.
So it's investigate time and questions come along with that😁.there will be more but lets start with 2 things first as it what I have been looking at today.
I'm off to Tenerife on Monday for a wee break😎 so as we have had a few frosty mornings I decided to empty the Truma combi 6E that the van has ( i have used both heating and hot water and it works fine) just incase of any frost whilst im away and the results are not what i expected,!

View attachment 961025
I took the bottom door off the wardrobe to have a look as it's tight to get in there and found this.View attachment 961027
You can clearly see the pipe is squashed and restricted as it exits the downpipe from the frost valve.
Has anyone came across this before?
Looks like at that angle it should have a right angled fitting on it. It looks like it's always been that way possibly,so will have to figure out how to get that done so it can empty properly in the future.Hopefully there will be enough play in the hose to get at it when I unscrew the valve from the floor.
Any suggestions welcome,bit of a pita really .

Next question
Are these part of a strike back alarm? Asking as salesmen know nothing 😅.
I will give van bits a call when I get back from holiday as there is a bit of paperwork that suggests it may have an operating system but not tried it yet till I investigate,just incase I lock myself out or something 😅.there is alarm fitments on the hab door ,lockers and bonnet.
View attachment 961053View attachment 961054

This last one I found in the bottom of the wardrobe whilst looking at the drain valve, it was stuck to something originally as tacky on the back but cable disappeared under boiler and I can't trace it at the moment . Or could it be a remote sensor the oyster sat stuff is in the wardrobe.
Thanks in advance
Cheers Cris 🍻.

It's just the frost valve outlet that's squashed, right? And has it in fact drained? If so, it will probably keep doing it and I would just leave it alone. It's not an outlet that sees that much action, and it doesn't operate under pressure.

And that does indeed look like a Van Bitz remote. Are there external LEDs, eg in your bumpers? Agree about calling Ash. In the meantime, how they usually work is that the small button on the remote arms and disarms the alarm.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you can't get a 90º elbow then I'd change that pipe for the thin clear stuff as what you have is reinforced & does go flat on tight bends .Whereas the clear stuff is far more likely to collapse less.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
It's just the frost valve outlet that's squashed, right? And has it in fact drained? If so, it will probably keep doing it and I would just leave it alone. It's not an outlet that sees that much action, and it doesn't operate under pressure.

And that does indeed look like a Van Bitz remote. Are there external LEDs, eg in your bumpers? Agree about calling Ash. In the meantime, how they usually work is that the small button on the remote arms and disarms the alarm.
Yes I have the dash , front and rear LEDs ,it was all adding up to be a vanbitz system but thought I'd ask the experts 😁

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
Pugsy

What model and year of Arto have you got?

Ours is a 69G 2003 and still going strong.

Geoff
Hi Geoff,
It's a 2009 64L ,I have some bits to sort on it but it's a solid van. It will be spot on when I get it the way I want 👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Our 2009 Arto 74le has drain down taps in the garage.
I turn the pump off open all the taps and shower and then open the drain taps in the garage and it drops the water out off the pipework and the water heater.

Chris

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
Our 2009 Arto 74le has drain down taps in the garage.
I turn the pump off open all the taps and shower and then open the drain taps in the garage and it drops the water out off the pipework and the water heater.

Chris
Ye I looked at the valves in the garage today also,
IMG_20241005_150929_852.jpg

Got this one and I thought what's that all about , camping or driving mode? The valve behind says hot and there is another tap to the right coming from the pump says cold.
Any idea why it says this?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Odd. Probably dumps most of the water and keeps only 20l or so for driving. But then how do you dump it all?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO
Exp
Since 2012
Odd. Probably dumps most of the water and keeps only 20l or so for driving. But then how do you dump it all?
Strange maybe someone will come along and give us an answer 👍

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Where do the pipes run ?
As they are I would say they are both off. It could be the one to turn on for filling the tank. The other to drain ? Just follow the pipe or turn them on and see what happens 👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It is recommended in the manual you only travel with 20% of the water capacity.
We often travel with a full water tank.
When we drain down for the winter I pull the plug in the bottom of the water tank.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back