Mrs ET got really excited as we drove into Annecy - shouted with joy 🙄 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
When I was about young I asked my mom, you know how people shorten Marks & Spencer to M&S - well, what's C&A stand for then? I don't know Jen - maybe it's Coats & 'Ats?
There was a well known knickname for C&A. Can't possibly repeat it on here without being banned.

ElliesBoss

Free Member
May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
They sell Spam which is almost food 😂
If they charge as much for Spam as they do here in England I bet they don't sell much. Yesterday in Tesco it was more expensive than tinned ham.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aug 09 to date
C&A actually had a range of more expensively made (and more expensively priced but not mega expensive!) ladies clothes too before they closed - went by the name 'Sixth Sense' and the sort of clothing that also mostly had 'Dry Clean only' labels - I remember I bought a cracking trouser suit, not only was the jacket lined, also the trousers, just beautiful.

The funny thing to hear my mother say what she said, was because she was a stickler for pronunciation and we both used to get castigated for dropping H's when we spoke - as such a lot of people in the Birmingham area do - hence both knew instantly that what she said was a joke!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
since 2006
I got very excited when I saw a Toolstation driving through France ::bigsmile:
i saw one last year (think in Belgium)and was tempted to call in and see if i can get my staff discount (when working i worked for Travis Perkins and still get a staff discount of 20% as its owned by Travis.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back