motorhomewifi.com support

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
The dealer installed our wifi which is a compact ultra unit from motorhomewifi. The dealer on handover said that if I had any questions to call motorhomewifi as they are 'great to chat to and super helpful'.

I have everything working, although the manual is somewhat lacking, and want to change some of the settings, not least the APN. I can see where to do this but its not clear and there are several places to make changes to passwords etc. and I don't know which to choose for fear of being in the situation of not having changed everything in the correct place and then being locked out.

Turns out that motorhomewifi don't like to chat. Their online chat is never open and you can't call them directly without being shuffled over to their online support form.

Has anyone spoken to motorhomewifi and if so what was your experience of them?

As with many things I would not have gone this route had I known there was very little support.

thank you
Router.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The dealer installed our wifi which is a compact ultra unit from motorhomewifi. The dealer on handover said that if I had any questions to call motorhomewifi as they are 'great to chat to and super helpful'.

I have everything working, although the manual is somewhat lacking, and want to change some of the settings, not least the APN. I can see where to do this but its not clear and there are several places to make changes to passwords etc. and I don't know which to choose for fear of being in the situation of not having changed everything in the correct place and then being locked out.

Turns out that motorhomewifi don't like to chat. Their online chat is never open and you can't call them directly without being shuffled over to their online support form.

Has anyone spoken to motorhomewifi and if so what was your experience of them?

As with many things I would not have gone this route had I known there was very little support.

thank youView attachment 969318
They used to be posting on here all the time but havnt seen anything from them for ages.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
I know nothing about motorhomewifi, but ....

Do you know what 'phone network it uses?
In the UK, there are only 4: EE, Vodafone, o2 and Three.
All the others hang off one of those.

If you are worried about the APN, then o2 may be an answer as it does not need to be set on most routers.
Just put an o2 SIM card in and it works.

I have a couple of o2 PAYG "Classic" SIM cards from Amazon.
Expensive for streaming, but they just work and the credit does not expire after a month.
(so long as you use them occasionally)
Very usefull in any areas where EE does not work - like my daughters house!.

Is the SIM card easy to get at?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry can't help you, but when I contacted them, by email I think, I found them quite abrupt and condescending when asking for help with my password.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
LostInSpace thank you. It auto sets the APN as the image. It recommends that it should be changed to prepay.tesco-mobile.com It works fine now in the UK. I understand from other threads that it should be changed and used in the UK before going abroad. Not sure if the auto set one in the image will work both in the UK and abroad?

cossie303 I called them but they only accept calls via a mobile. They then send you a link to the support form. Never online for the 'online chat'. I want to change the password and SSID but there is more than one place unfortunately.

chaser having just looked at their trustpilot score I'm not surprised they are not on here anymore

APN.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TCG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
really surprised as when i had dealing with them they were very helpful ... the owner Adie and his partner were a pleasure to do business with, but as Chaser says not heard off them for ages

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
TCG they don't reply to their trustpilot reviews either. Not surprising as overall they are pretty poor.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
With the coming of 5g phones and hotspot motorhome WiFi is not as popular as it once was, maybe they have wound down the motorhome trade.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Hmmm.
After all that, it sounds like - maybe, not a good purchase.

If it was me, I might be thinking about using the wiring fitted by the dealer to use a better router.

A bit of reseach suggests that Tesco piggy-back on o2.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Using that 192.168.0.1 address, it should take you into settings, whereupon you can change both the SSID and the Password to suit yourself. The unit will probably restart, whereupon you'll have to reconnect using the new security details. This is how most Routers and MiFis are setup with new details.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
LostInSpace It works fine tbh but there is a lack of support. The antenna is 5G and the router 4G. The install is very good from the dealer.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I purchased a motorhome WiFi kit and installed myself it was very straight forward and one set up has worked perfectly however it was one with the bigger HUAWEI router which is cat 7with roof mounted antenna and you need to use the app provided by them to change the APN if required but very easy to do and well worth the money. I have never needed after sales support so unable to comment on that.😊👍
They provided a Smarty sim with ours which I have never used as we have a Tiekom sim when in EU and Tesco unlimited phone data whilst in UK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
On the picture, above it shows an internet link mhwi-fi/ultra

This web page gives some support information which is probably useful - to anyone with the device.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
You don;t need the app to change APN.

Login on the 192.168.0.1 ui with a full brower (or chose that if on a mobile), and enter the passowrd on the device.
What the instructions don't say is you cannot change APN with the data mode on. So turn off mobile data, create a new apn, or edit the default one, then turn back on data, done.

It's a standard ZTE interface, nothing is motorhomewifi.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Should say the standard ZTe app works to change APN on an iphone too, but you should turn off data again PRIOR to changing APN or it forgets the change, and doesn't tell you that.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
JockandRita yes I have the ZTE app. It works fine when connected to the router. Its not super friendly as you can find more than one place to change passwords etc.

LostInSpace yes the support information is useful but I have found it not comprehensive.

The Tesco sim works great as does the 5G antenna as we had around 8mb download in the middle of a forest this morning. No phone signal on O2 with Sky but fairly decent with the router also on O2.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
starquake thank you so the auto set one, mobile.o2.co.uk will work UK and overseas? If so then I won't change if I don't need to.

On the router I get the option to turn off 'Data Connection'. I can't find anything else so assume this is what you mean?

thank you

Following the advice on here (thank you). I thought the setup was motorhomewifi but can now see that the ZTE app is quite common.

Logging into the router with the 192.168.0.1 gets me to the ZTE interface that I see on my phone except much easier to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
starquake thank you so the auto set one, mobile.o2.co.uk will work UK and overseas? If so then I won't change if I don't need to.

On the router I get the option to turn off 'Data Connection'. I can't find anything else so assume this is what you mean?

thank you

Following the advice on here (thank you). I thought the setup was motorhomewifi but can now see that the ZTE app is quite common.

Logging into the router with the 192.168.0.1 gets me to the ZTE interface that I see on my phone except much easier to use.
Yes, different firmware versions call it data connection or mobile data. Thats teh one. You can't change ANY APN related setting with it active, but it lets you try. It's stupid, and I thought my ZTE was broken for half a week until figuring out you turn it off, change settings, back on again.

Should say on Three sims it defauls on motorhomewifi to the SMARTY settings, not the Three. Its sighificantly slower when using the smarty APN with a three sim., ie, things may work but slower than they would otherwise.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Odd.

I had Adam at a Motorhome WiFi arrange an installation on my van a few years back (when we were still going through lockdowns)
I found them helpful and knowledgeable.
They told me what I needed and it was all fitted and working in a couple of hours.

Maybe you got them on a bad day ?
Remember the motorhome was on at the NEC last week, they probably had a stand, so will not have been in a position to answer mails etc over the last 10 days.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
Brains thanks. This was after the show. Trustpilot shows 53% 1 star (small sample size).

Madmag Not sure why they would be at the show and not on here like Offgrid or Vanbitz for example.

After all the help on here I am sorted now.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back