Motorhome touring route around the Derbyshire dales (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all
I wondered whether any of you could guide me to a motorhome touring route around the Derbyshire dales. Tall ask maybe given the variety of things to see and do but looking for a relaxing 6-7 day tour with modest walks and visits to towns.
Just wondered if anyone else had documented their route with sites and other details.

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Can’t help with a route but it is an area worth visiting. Greenhills is a nice site near Bakewell, pleasant walk to the town. Nearby is an Aldi and Thornbridge brewery which has an excellent taproom. Other site we enjoyed is the CAMC site at Castleton, again an easy walk into the small town. Crich tramway is well worth a visit for something to do, excellent views from the end of the line. Not been to Chatsworth house in ages but considering a visit, especially as a site near.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Many years ago, I had the good fortune of living on the edge of the Peak district on the South side of Sheffield. We took our small campervan along many a narrow lane and wildcamped near places like Hathersage, Monsal Dale, the reservoirs (Derwent and Ladybower) as well as the better known spots like Hope, Edale and Castleton. Doesn't matter where you go - just explore the area and take any road your unit will fit on. You won't be disappointed.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'd just look at the internet and find some CLS. There's loads to do how about some cycling on the tissington trail?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
I'd just look at the internet and find some CLS. There's loads to do how about some cycling on the tissington trail?
I believe it's now possible to cycle from Bakewell to Buxton on the old railway route. Fabulous journey if you can. Used to walk Monsal Trail and |Millers Dale but the tunnels were closed back then.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
There was a MHF rally about 3 years ago at Ashbourne. We weren’t blessed with the greatest of weather but obviously had fun anyway. Cycled up the Tissington trail, my goodness did that get bleak, cold, wet and very windy. Lovely in good weather though I’m sure.

We also cycled to a very big lake and around it. There was one very scarey steep hill though en route (I am a wimp) , I was dreading the return journey but fortified by cake I did make it! I was dreading stopping and having to push a heavy e-bike up it.

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi
Thank you for your contributions. I will look into your recommendations further as a means to plot my route.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back