Motorhome theft from Campsites (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Morning All
I was just considering security on my motorhome and wondered has anyone or does anyone know of anyone who has had their MH sadly stolen from a club or private site ? We all pay premium pitch fees these days and most site provide security barriers , but I wonder …… how effective are these . Do many vans get stolen from these sites ?

Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
Do what you do at Home Alarm/Tracker/Wheel Clamp/Steering wheel Disklock.....if it goes it goes you can only do your upmost. 🤞🤞🤞

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I believe a member here had an attempted theft from a CCC site whilst it was in storage and the site was closed for the winter, the Vanbitz immobiliser thwarted their efforts but they did a fair bit of damage trying to bypass it. There was supposed to be a warden on site but he might have gone to the pub or elsewhere, who knows.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
Years ago, I was staying at a site near the NEC when the annual show was on. Two owners came back from the show to find their caravans had gone. The suspicion was that the thieves took advantage of the site being extra busy and finding caravans which had all been packed up ready to tow away. I've no idea how they got past whatever security was fitted, without being seen. I guess if you act in a confident manner lots of things are possible.

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Someone I knew, years ago, had a caravan taken from a campsite storage.
The storage was in part of an old railway cutting and miles from a road plus the caravan would have been towed right through the site to get out.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back