Motorhome key cutting ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Good morning to you all from the south of France weather is amazing 😎. Just wandered if you have to send off for new keys or just take them down to a local key cutter. We thought we had and issue with the habitation door lock but turns out it’s the key that’s at fault. Love to hear your experiences 👍

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Not sure what area you're looking at but we've used 3D Autokeys in Mapperley, Nottingham a few times, for a range of services. Always had polite, efficient and cost-efficient service from them. They also operate in;

Chesterfield
Derby
Doncaster
Leicester
Lincoln
Mansfield
Newark
Sheffield

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If it's the hab door, you can buy replacements from ebay by serial number or even a photo of a good working key. Not all key cutting kiosk type places stock the blanks for the door keys

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
My Habitation Door key also opens all external lockers and garage doors, about eight locks in total. About five failed to work, I was told, correctly, that the chance of five locks failing was unlikejy and to get a new key.

Very hard to source, most wanted a close up photo of the key so as to laser cut a new one and poo pooed my argument that a copy of a worn key would not solve the problem!

Eventually Adria said that they would supply an original through a dealer, for security, so I took my worn key to a dealer and had two new original within a week.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I find Timpsons far too expensive for replacement keys. There was a local guy in our market that cut keys, but didn't have the Zadi blanks for mine. I got a couple from eBay and he cut them at half price !
The market guy has recently packed up and I now get them done at a locksmith on the industrial estate, he did a new key for my Renault and programmed it in after the missus lost the spare at Upton Blues.
Before I found the industrial estate bloke, I'd had a couple of keys for our equipment made from a photograph sent to an eBay seller.

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Good morning to you all from the south of France weather is amazing 😎. Just wandered if you have to send off for new keys or just take them down to a local key cutter. We thought we had and issue with the habitation door lock but turns out it’s the key that’s at fault. Love to hear your experiences 👍
I’ve had spare hab door keys cut a few times in France. Worryingly easy in some respects, but they generally believe your story 😊 Most ‘grande surface’ / hypermarché shopping centres will have a service ( much cheaper than Timpsons!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I’ve had spare hab door keys cut a few times in France. Worryingly easy in some respects, but they generally believe your story 😊 Most ‘grande surface’ / hypermarché shopping centres will have a service ( much cheaper than Timpsons!)
Hi shame just at St Malo now ready to board 🙈🙈

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
My Habitation Door key also opens all external lockers and garage doors, about eight locks in total. About five failed to work, I was told, correctly, that the chance of five locks failing was unlikejy and to get a new key.

Very hard to source, most wanted a close up photo of the key so as to laser cut a new one and poo pooed my argument that a copy of a worn key would not solve the problem!

Eventually Adria said that they would supply an original through a dealer, for security, so I took my worn key to a dealer and had two new original within a week.
My Adria hab side is all FAP locks. No problem ordering online using the FWxxx number on the original key.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back