Motorhome First-timer (2 Viewers)

nonsocucinare

Free Member
May 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
McLouis ancient one!
Like many here, we are first-time motorhomers. We’ve bought a very preloved McLouis motorhome and intend to fix it up for weekends away now that the kids are all adults and doing their own things. It needs a fair bit of TLC, so we’re hoping to get advice on where to get replacement windows and sort out bits and bobs. Nice to meet you all, “virtually."

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
welcome to the House of Fun ...

lots of threads on here about other people renovating their motorhomes so you should find some useful information.

sometimes windows dont need replacing, just resealing? even scratched ones can be 'tidied' up ...

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
:welco:

Magnums at Grimsby and O'Learys at Hull have lots of parts that you may require 👍

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
For Sale
Interesting name... I guess you don't or can't cook .. Italian by any chance ?

good luck with the moho refurbishment..

before spending dosh on the habitation, I would have all the underpinnings checked and the van given a full service.. look for any structural rust on the chassis and suspension points.. that would fail an MOT , check brake discs, brake cylinders and pads, check age and condition of tyres.. look for small sidewall cracks.. and if more than 5 years old consider replacing ... if not already done.. a fresh MOT ..

knowing all is well underneath gives you confidence to spend time and money on the house decoration.. ..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome.
A lot of motorhome fittings are the same as caravans, so when searching anything online use "caravan" as well as motorhome.
Caravan breakers (do a search) could be a good source of parts like windows etc..

OP
OP
N

nonsocucinare

Free Member
May 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
McLouis ancient one!
Interesting name... I guess you don't or can't cook .. Italian by any chance ?

good luck with the moho refurbishment..

before spending dosh on the habitation, I would have all the underpinnings checked and the van given a full service.. look for any structural rust on the chassis and suspension points.. that would fail an MOT , check brake discs, brake cylinders and pads, check age and condition of tyres.. look for small sidewall cracks.. and if more than 5 years old consider replacing ... if not already done.. a fresh MOT ..

knowing all is well underneath gives you confidence to spend time and money on the house decoration.. ..
I lived in Italy for 7 years in my youth and regularly return. :)

It has new brakes, new tyres and chassis is good, engine also lovely - had an overhaul, definitely needs 4 windows and my other half will fix the small areas of cracked plastic with fibre glass.

Im guessing windows will need to be made for it as have searched high and low and no one has them.

OP
OP
N

nonsocucinare

Free Member
May 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
McLouis ancient one!
I lived in Italy for 7 years in my youth and regularly return. :)

It has new brakes, new tyres and chassis is good, engine also lovely - had an overhaul, definitely needs 4 windows and my other half will fix the small areas of cracked plastic with fibre glass.

Im guessing windows will need to be made for it as have searched high and low and no one has them.
And I can’t cook in general but I can cook Italian!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
These lot will make you replacement windows, but you might have to send them the original ones to copy. They also reseal leaking/blown windows, but only if no one else has tried first !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back