Motorhome chocks (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Etape 650
Exp
I'm a newbie
Recommendations for motorhome chocks to support rear wheels when front wheels are on levelling ramps at a site

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Recommendations for motorhome chocks to support rear wheels when front wheels are on levelling ramps at a site
Can't recommend chocks, but I will say be careful.. if you drive right to top of your ramp, then chock rear wheels you may need to go forward again ( even further up ramp to get chocks out..)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Daldred007
Jun 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Etape 650
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can't recommend chocks, but I will say be careful.. if you drive right to top of your ramp, then chock rear wheels you may need to go forward again ( even further up ramp to get chocks out..)
Thank you. It's just the creaking noise with the handbrake on and the gear lever in gear. We have found the motorhome has slipped backwards off the ramps -its a brand new Chausson on a Peugeot Boxer chassis and only 2 months old

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'd recommend you get an selection of chocks.
Quite a few places sell a large assortment.
You are bound to find something that works.
But I'd personally go with extra large Quality Street Chocks.

1721772760991.png

:LOL:

Upvote 0

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Thank you. It's just the creaking noise with the handbrake on and the gear lever in gear. We have found the motorhome has slipped backwards off the ramps -its a brand new Chausson on a Peugeot Boxer chassis and only 2 months old
If the van is not holding on such a shallow slope created by ramps, the handbrake is not setup correctly. Urgent warranty issue from Peugeot as I would suggest it wouldn't hold safely on any hill and thus not safe on road.

Upvote 0

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I have chocks that latch into the ramp. I have the old Fiama yellow ones and I only chock the wheels on the ramp. I have a meter long string on them so the other half can pull as I ease upwards slightly so only have to move the minimum and no fingers are anywhere near the wheels. Rarely use them now as had full air fitted.

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
The only time I slipped off ramps was when they were on hard tarmac in cold wet weather. I had been on the ramps a good few minutes when they both shot out like wet bars of soap, one punching it's way through someone's wood fence.. I think the ground must have been around freezing and the added pressure caused the thin film of water to then form ice. I was just glad no -one was in the way or under the van.

We took had Fiamma ramps, but I found the chocks worse than useless. Still have them somewhere.

Just be aware that the handbrake only operates on the rear wheels.

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
If the van is not holding on such a shallow slope created by ramps, the handbrake is not setup correctly. Urgent warranty issue from Peugeot as I would suggest it wouldn't hold safely on any hill and thus not safe on road.
As said, return to Stealer to get Handbrake set up correctly ASAP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hand brake needs adjusting? It shouldn't let you slip off?

Upvote 1

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We use ‘chocks’ on the rear wheels when in one place for a long stay then put van in gear and release the handbrake, the van settles back onto the chocks.
When removing the chocks, if they won’t come out with the fibre hammer then the van is driven forward a fraction and I pull them out-they have a string attached!
For a short stay we don’t bother with them the handbrake works fine.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back