• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Motorhome - around 6m - 2013+ (1 Viewer)

drod

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
Funster No
Hi,

We're looking to purchase a new motorhome. We're not familiar with all the vans out there, but the style we're looking for would be similar to a Burstner it585/586; i.e: it would include a spec such as:
  • Length around 6m
  • Drop-down bed
  • Mileage below 25k
  • Low-profile roof
  • 2013 onwards
We've just sold ours, so have cash waiting and not in a great panic - just want to get ready for next year. Thanks

OP
OP
D

drod

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
Funster No
Hi, thanks for that. Re the mileage, it's an arbitrary figure really - the last one had less than 20k and we thought it would be nice to have a low mileage for something we'll keep for a while.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi, thanks for that. Re the mileage, it's an arbitrary figure really - the last one had less than 20k and we thought it would be nice to have a low mileage for something we'll keep for a while.
at 5 years or more old I would have a minimum mileage of about 20k I wouldn't want one that sat around all the time

OP
OP
D

drod

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
Funster No
ok, I can see the reason behind that argument.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

csx355

Free Member
Mar 24, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1999
This was our 'old' 6m Rapido that was bought by a dealer - it was a brilliant, beautiful van that we only upgraded to a larger new 7m rear lounge bus to take grandchildren, but this van was spotless. We sold it a year ago might be a deal to be done.
https://www.clwydian.co.uk/cars/rapido/930f/aclass4berth/160407/

It actually is a 903. I'm amazed it hasn't sold - big garage - fixed rear bed drop down front and a large bathroom.
If you buy it they owe me a beer ;-)
Rapido.jpg

OP
OP
D

drod

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
Funster No
Hi, Thanks for the heads-up on that one. We've had a think about it and still prefer a coach built style. We'll keep going back and having a look at the advert - let you know if we go to see it! Thanks again.

csx355

Free Member
Mar 24, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1999
You're welcome - we had an old Autosleeper Clubman GL based on a VW T4 before we bought the Rapido. We loved it because it was small and 'nippy' in a camper sort of way. You could use it as a daily driver and park up in the supermarket spaces easily. The prospect of going to a A class was pretty daunting to be honest - until I drove it for the first time. What a revelation. The screen feels like it's have a van away but the bus ends at the screen making close quarter driving easy and our's flitted easily into single car spaces. It had hardly any overhang at the back as well . It is a little wider from the cab back but most coachbuilts flare out behind you - where you can forget that it's wider. Definitely not for everyone but I can't see us ever having anything other than an A class now. Good luck with your hunt.
IMG_0001.JPG

OP
OP
D

drod

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
Funster No
hi, Further to viewing a number of motorhomes, we really like the Burstner ixeo 585/586 (6m with dropdown bed). We have a budget of 40k max; anyone know of any going or getting traded in? Thanks

Helen Calow

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
Carmarthenshire,Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi, i am about to sell my low profile Bailey 765 due to work commitments this year. It has a drop down bed as well as an end lounge, 2015 model, 10,000 miles. Such an easy motorhome to manage. If u're interested i can give you further details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

drod

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
Funster No
Hi, thanks for the mail, but we've bought a RollerTeam now. Sorry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun