Motorbike rack

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I've bought a 2007 B544 which has a rack fitted by a German manufacturer. I've got no instructions for it but was assured by the dealer that all I had to do was release a clip on each side and it would unfold and slide out giving a wheel trough and back lights/number plate.
I can see it folded up behind the rear valance but cant for the life of me get it to unfold and slide out without badly snagging the rear moulding and I obviously dont want to force it.
Has anyone got one fitted and know how it works please?

Attachments

OP
OP
zaskar
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
.....and there-in lies the problem. Cos I cant unfold it, I cant give a decent picture. best I can do is this from underneath.............(y)

Attachments

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Contact the manufacturer? I found this via Google............

1729679832318.png

Here's their website:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
zaskar
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Woohoo! Sussed it!
When the rack slides IN, the motorbike wheel trough follows guides behind the rear skirt which fold it up behind the skirt. Trouble is, if it folds too far, it'll jam in place and stop the rack being slid OUT. To stop that, they've put a metal bracket which only allows it to fold so far. The bracket had bent out of the way slightly and allowed the trough to fold too far and jam itself behind the bracket............errr, which was supposed to stop it doing that!
Solution? Extend the bracket by 25mm and beef it up to stop it bending in future. RESULT!!!!:LOL:
Now my big problem is to convince Mrs Zaskar that we go back to a scooter for sight seeing cos I really REALY cant be bothered trailering a car round Spain..........when we eventually get back to going down there!:doh:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Woohoo! Sussed it!
When the rack slides IN, the motorbike wheel trough follows guides behind the rear skirt which fold it up behind the skirt. Trouble is, if it folds too far, it'll jam in place and stop the rack being slid OUT. To stop that, they've put a metal bracket which only allows it to fold so far. The bracket had bent out of the way slightly and allowed the trough to fold too far and jam itself behind the bracket............errr, which was supposed to stop it doing that!
Solution? Extend the bracket by 25mm and beef it up to stop it bending in future. RESULT!!!!:LOL:
Now my big problem is to convince Mrs Zaskar that we go back to a scooter for sight seeing cos I really REALY cant be bothered trailering a car round Spain..........when we eventually get back to going down there!:doh:
Yes motorcycles are a no brainier for Spain ☀️☀️☀️☺️
Make sure you get all the safety gear though like biking sandals, shorts, tee shirt and open face helmet 😜

IMG-20240828-WA0008.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Yes motorcycles are a no brainier for Spain ☀️☀️☀️☺️
Make sure you get all the safety gear though like biking sandals, shorts, tee shirt and open face helmet 😜

View attachment 969348

PMSL! You will be in bother now from the biker health and safety police. I always know its been a good summer by how far the fronts of my flip flops have been warn away (no, really) :D KTM?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back