LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've always called it the mixer valve, it governs the mix of hot and cold water to the hot taps/shower.
Is yours different? 🤔

If I knew how to add photo I would.
TMV Thermostatic Mixing Valve, they have been a regulation requiremet on the hot feed to baths in houses since 2010 but not normally fitted to Motorhomes.
1725643292536.png

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
I'm surprised your new van didn't already have one, I'm sure my 2007 Murvi has one fitted on the shower and handbasin outlet? 🤔
My Murvi had one too but didn’t stop me burning my ass in the shower! Put a new one in after Murvi wanted to charge me an arm and leg to replace it! It still didn’t work properly when I sold it 😐

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I bought a hanging thingy with a dozen pockets from home bargains for next to nothing.

It hangs behind the head of the double bed. We can stick things in the pockets when we go to bed such as pairs of glasses, mobile phones, small bottles of water, wristwatch etc.

I think the French would call it a vide-poches or pockets emptier. There is no exact equivalent in English.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
My Murvi had one too but didn’t stop me burning my ass in the shower! Put a new one in after Murvi wanted to charge me an arm and leg to replace it! It still didn’t work properly when I sold it 😐
I also had to replace mine with exactly the same unit about 5yrs ago because it leaked, never had a problem since. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
TMV Thermostatic Mixing Valve, they have been a regulation requiremet on the hot feed to baths in houses since 2010 but not normally fitted to Motorhomes.
View attachment 945494

As I said, there has been one fitted to my 2007 MURVI Morello since new but thinking about it, perhaps it's one of the reasons MURVI has been a multiple award winning make for many years? 🤔

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
1. MaxxFan Deluxe plus NiteAir full airflow blackout blind. We are always off grid and quite often we park up under lights. Both brilliant.
2. EcoFlow DeltaMax 2000 with solar. We can have mains on or run anything but the electric heating whilst off grid (and it all just lifts out into our next van).

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
11.00 euro HUD Km speed read out. Fitted on top of the dash,just above and to the left of the instrument binnacle. ( Still the Fiat Ducato MPH one it came with ) so,win,win,win. I can now see how many Km's i am doing/do not have to change positions/squint at the speedo/take shoes and socks off to convert whatever MPH i may be doing to km's and after all that,adjust my clothing and get comfy in the seat again. Best 11 Euros for w while....... Having said that, for 11.00 euros at Lidl, you can get 8 Cartons of Conde Noble vinho tinto........................ AND CHANGE !! (y) :drinks: :drinks:
Tea Bag
:drinks::drinks:

Jul 3, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato MWB, DIY :-)
Exp
10 years campervanning, 60+ camping
1) Cheap LED tape light, warm white, in a shadow-gap above the windows, on a dimmer. Gives a warm homely light down the wall for cosy evenings. <£10 (though I then got a few...). Also illuminates the step area a treat (sliding door PVC).

2) converted the basic CTA front seat swivel to have a pedal that disengages the catch, usable when standing behind it... Again <£6-7 ea for material.

Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Two stand outs for us:

1) Almost as soon as we bought the motorhome we had a tow bar and Thule bike rack fitted to take our electric bikes. Being ‘newbies’ and not initially venturing outside of England, we were concerned about how remote sites were from nearby villages, beaches, pubs etc. and we didn’t want to have to keep packing up to drive anywhere. (Since discovered that locations are sooooo much better/convenient in Europe).

2) Amplo Self-Levelling. Considered it for a long time then bit the bullet and now wouldn’t be without it. Turn up anywhere and don’t even have to get out of the van, just press a button (great when it’s p*##ing down)! Opens up great potential pitches that others with ramps cannot use and if you’re on your own a real godsend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Marquart Stoßdämpfer - Made more difference to the ride/handling than I expected on our Iveco, coupled with setting the torsion bars correctly and using the correct tyre and airbag pressure, these made the most difference.....

I couldn’t agree more. I fitted these 8 months back and it’s genuinely transformative WRT the overall handling of the vehicle. ✔️

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
I used a Peglar PEG402, I used that one as I've used them before, I picked up a new one cheap that a plumber was selling off on ebay.
You can get them for around £30 Screwfix want silly money for them so shop around.
How did you fit it into your system. Do you have a diagram you could share please?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back