Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We usually visit in September and throughly enjoy the various wein festivals, one of the biggest is in Bernkastle Kues with the fantastic fireworks display on the Saturday evening.
We are currently in France near Dijon, last night we met a couple who had planned to holiday in the Moselle area but due to flooding have had to change their plans and relocate to France.
This is todays web cam snatch from Zell.
Snowbird JockandRita PhilandMena
Hopefully the waters will have dropped come September
1716133759636.jpeg
1716133759636.jpeg

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
This is todays web cam snatch from Zell.
@Snowbird @JockandRita @PhilandMena
Hopefully the waters will have dropped come September
Thanks for the "heads up". (y)

We are hoping to go ourselves in September, but not sure yet whether to visit the north for a change, however, whatever we do and whatever direction we take, it will be weather dependent. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
There was a video from Saarburg last weekend.
The water level was up to where the restaurants are located in the main part of the town.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Heads up re Enkirch on the Mosel Friday September 30th to Sunday September 1st, 2024 Overland vehicle meeting approx 1000 vehicles usually . There is still a small area kept for use as Enkirch stellplatze but very busy . :)

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
We were in that area last week, got fed up with the wet, and cool weather been like it for several weeks
Sites along the Mosel under water, the forecast is the same for the next week or so
So came home.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
We were in that area last week, got fed up with the wet, and cool weather been like it for several weeks
Sites along the Mosel under water, the forecast is the same for the next week or so
So came home.
Sound like our August holiday last year. A total washout we spent our 2 weeks running away from the Atlantic storm that hit the same day we arrived.
Better not be like that this year or Im getting rid of the Motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Most of the riverside sites are set up to deal with flooding and can be up and running fairly quickly after the river has dropped.
We did used to go to a site at Altenahr, Victoria Station Camping which we liked. It got destroyed in floods in 2021. Unfortunately they never managed to reopen.

OP
OP
Crazylegs
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
IMG_0791.jpeg

On our return from Italy we decided couple of days on the stelplatz in Reil would be a great way to end this trip. Those who have visited might recognise the saloon bar under the bridge. Well mein host tells me the floods in May reached the height of the top of the stools in the background!!!
The stelplatz itself is still a bit soggy so we parked on the tarmac near the Imbiss.
#Snowbird#PhilandMena#Brendan

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
View attachment 919128
On our return from Italy we decided couple of days on the stelplatz in Reil would be a great way to end this trip. Those who have visited might recognise the saloon bar under the bridge. Well mein host tells me the floods in May reached the height of the top of the stools in the background!!!
The stelplatz itself is still a bit soggy so we parked on the tarmac near the Imbiss.
#Snowbird#PhilandMena#Brendan
We are just up river at Trier and moving on in the morning to start a 10 day trip down the romantic road before heading to Berlin for a bit of babysitting! Had a few refreshments with Dave & Pat in Reil while they were in residence a couple of years ago, happy days :cheers:.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Were in Spain atm and plan to be here until mid September.
Hot hot and burny burny Phil. :whatthe:

We once did Calpe in September, despite being warned of the heat by tonka Steve, who had property in Benidorm at the time.
He wasn't wrong, ie, Rita and I spent most of our day under the shade of a tree on our pitch, moving the chairs as the sun moved round. It wasn't until around 22.00hrs in the cool of the evening, that I felt energetic enough to do anything. :whatthe: ................. :LOL:

Enjoy,

OP
OP
Crazylegs
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
IMPORTANT
Only around 12-15 vans here at Reil, there has been an increase in site fees, €34 for two days with ehu. The imbiss is not open, although it looks like it could, perhaps at the weekend. More concerning news is that the little grocery shop in the village has closed permanently, and the local bank no longer has an ATM. Anyone intending to visit would be advised to be well stocked with food and euro’s.
I’ll be away on the bike to find an Atm then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hot hot and burny burny Phil. :whatthe:

We once did Calpe in September, despite being warned of the heat by tonka Steve, who had property in Benidorm at the time.
He wasn't wrong, ie, Rita and I spent most of our day under the shade of a tree on our pitch, moving the chairs as the sun moved round. It wasn't until around 22.00hrs in the cool of the evening, that I felt energetic enough to do anything. :whatthe: ................. :LOL:

Enjoy,

Yes the heat is a bit of an issue and Mena starting to suffer a tad. We have to change our activity schedule so we can remain active when its coolest. If it becomes unbearable we will head for the coast. So far our trip is going very, very, well. Keep Safe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back