LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It’s that time of year again and we are heading to the factory for the annual open weekend, actually this year it’s a bit early as it all hinges around ascension so hopefully we get some decent weather, just been to Doncaster for our annual water ingress check and a new/different kitchen fan fitted so it seemed only fair to carry on to the ferry at Hull😏

IMG_2396.jpeg

IMG_2397.jpeg

Stand by for a serious amount of tech and a bit of touring but don’t know where we are going yet.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And I should have added I have a test drive in a Eurocargo 4cyl booked at the end of the month, I am reliably informed they are rubbish so I am prepared to be underwhelmed and will be saving some retirement money 😏😃

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have a great time. Carefully they don't convince you to upgrade 🙂
Just been in Premium today and had a nose around the Empire Liner but it’s a big thing (too big), it’s a Loft Liner we are going out in 🤞as long as it all goes to plan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just been in Premium today and had a nose around the Empire Liner but it’s a big thing (too big), it’s a Loft Liner we are going out in 🤞as long as it all goes to plan.
Don’t feel too pressured to
Swap Martin, I’ll still be happy with your current van when you’ve done with it👍
Have a great trip👍👍

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

The Grand Empire Liner is a beast… was chatting to a German with one in Spain last year. It’s an amazing build spec, especially with the options he’d been ‘sold’! However, I’m pretty sure he said it was 24T. 🫤

Be careful, the temptation will be strong Martin. 😉

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Enjoy your trip, looking forward to the photos so when I win the euro millions I know which van I’m getting 😂😂

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It’s that time of year again and we are heading to the factory for the annual open weekend, actually this year it’s a bit early as it all hinges around ascension so hopefully we get some decent weather, just been to Doncaster for our annual water ingress check and a new/different kitchen fan fitted so it seemed only fair to carry on to the ferry at Hull😏

View attachment 888645
View attachment 888646

Stand by for a serious amount of tech and a bit of touring but don’t know where we are going yet.
Gut Fahrt :LOL:

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Martin you could try Bad Konigshofen on the way about 60 miles from the factory plenty of room for large motorhomes and immaculate site lovely old town.👍

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
And I should have added I have a test drive in a Eurocargo 4cyl booked at the end of the month, I am reliably informed they are rubbish so I am prepared to be underwhelmed and will be saving some retirement money 😏😃
Yes definitely go for a Merc 😇, or you could really shake the money tree and get a Volkner, then you can get a very nice Volvo pusher😇😎😆

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
funflair. Safe travels Martin & Jen (y) and when you are not driving, keep your hands firmly in your pockets free from purchasing temptations. ;)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
funflair. Safe travels Martin & Jen (y) and when you are not driving, keep your hands firmly in your pockets free from purchasing temptations. ;)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)
Pockets are too deep for me to get my hands in but Jen manages somehow ;)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes definitely go for a Merc 😇, or you could really shake the money tree and get a Volkner, then you can get a very nice Volvo pusher😇😎😆
I tried that with a Vario a few years back but she was having none of it, not much choice on a truck chassis and still under 7500kg though.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I was reading a thread on LinerTreff forum and somebody there was saying MAN, IVECO and then Merc for a camper chassis, not sure why though.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin you could try Bad Konigshofen on the way about 60 miles from the factory plenty of room for large motorhomes and immaculate site lovely old town.👍
Heading to Maastrict today for two night then will see where we end up, some cycling down the Rhine possibly but that will depend on the weather, thanks for the suggestion anyway and we will see if it fits.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Heading to Maastrict today for two night then will see where we end up, some cycling down the Rhine possibly but that will depend on the weather, thanks for the suggestion anyway and we will see if it fits.
There's quite a good cycling network arou d Maastrict Martin, numbered following the canals, you decide which nu.ber you want to go to and follow the signs for that number, its quite clever.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
There's quite a good cycling network arou d Maastrict Martin, numbered following the canals, you decide which nu.ber you want to go to and follow the signs for that number, its quite clever.
👍 used that before in Netherlands and yes it works well, ride this afternoon I think as it supposed to rain tomorrow 😮

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I was reading a thread on LinerTreff forum and somebody there was saying MAN, IVECO and then Merc for a camper chassis, not sure why though.
Mercs are good quality but tend to be quite a bouncy ride and a little heavy. Ivecos (6 cylinder) are fast and a bit lighter but not as sturdy/reliable, MAN is the best mix of handling and quality for a camper IMHO. You will find older concorde liners on 7500kg 6 Cylinder Iveco Chassis and Im told its doable until you actually want to carry anything.

4 cylinder trucks always used to be very coarse, as you found out with your previous drive, they've also got a reputation for being thirsty because the engines are working hard but things move on , as you know I drove a 2012 MAN 205hp in a charisma and was pleasantly surprised, but every 4 cyl atego or Eurocargo I've ever heard have been really clattery but things do move on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back