More quries about Belgian aires near the French border (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Hello, again.

Following on from my query about the Aire by the boat lifts at Thieu between Mons and Charleroi, does anybody have any experience of the one at 'la Maison du Canal’ at Estaimpuis on the French Belgian border?

Also any thoughts on the one at Orcq, about 3 or 4 km west of Tournai?

Given the location of these two and their close proximity to France, I hope I am allowed to duplicate this post in the French forum.

Thanks, all.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
La canal du Maison. I making a presumption it's the one we have been to twice.
No services, free and there is a bar that does a nice platter. About 15km along the canal to the rather uninspiring Roubaix, however, there is a brewery that you need to check opening times on that serve a blue beer made from Algae. Sounds disgusting tastes very nice. The red wasn't to my fancy.

I LL find you a link

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Thanks, suavecarve, brilliant, that is good helpful info.

Spriddler, I guess I could have been more specific, sorry. I s'pose the sort of information that would allow me to make an informed choice would be opinions on whether it is quiet or noisy, do people feel secure there, is there a bar or a breaderie nearby, is it crowded at certain times, is the access easy and straightforward, any height or width restrictions, are drug deals being done there (I did witness that going on once), do the youngsters buzz around on noisy mopeds all evening, do people generally like it or hate it - all that sort of stuff.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Thanks, suavecarve, brilliant, that is good helpful info.

Spriddler, I guess I could have been more specific, sorry. I s'pose the sort of information that would allow me to make an informed choice would be opinions on whether it is quiet or noisy, do people feel secure there, is there a bar or a breaderie nearby, is it crowded at certain times, is the access easy and straightforward, any height or width restrictions, are drug deals being done there (I did witness that going on once), do the youngsters buzz around on noisy mopeds all evening, do people generally like it or hate it - all that sort of stuff.
Quiet
Yes
Yes
No
Not to our knowledge
Yes
No
Didn't see any
No
Like it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun