mopeka sensor problems (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I ve had 2 gas sensors for at least 4 yrs now (orig type) and have been fine. this year I started off with a full 13kg calor and full 11kg gaslow both read empty untill now i couldnt be bothered to find out why, assumed batterys were shot. its not easy to get the bottles in or out of the cupboard, they only fit one way. When i read about the extention lead and AA battery conversion i thought thats for me. So ive got bottles out and converted one to AA and new 2032 in tother. Niether shows anything other than empty when placed on either bottle (there's gas in both, refiled on way home last trip). I even used a second tablet to re-read the devices still no luck. No luck with moving about. i dont have any ultrasonic medium to lubricate the sensors. ANY ideas ?

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
I would delete and reinstall app. When it starts searching for device press sync button and it should pick the device up. If not, all I can suggest is retrying. I have had occasion where the app was playing up and next day it worked fine.
Assuming sensor is picked up then place a few mm off centre on bottom of cylinder making sure it is off the ground. I had to place a few mm’s of foam around tank base to lift it up a bit.
It should pick up signal. Fill in details of cylinder on app. Wait a few mins to allow to settle and see what it says. I’ve had to wiggle sensor about on bottom of cylinder to get accurate reading. The grease certainly helps get a signal. 🤞

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
Mine were same when ran out of the ultrasonic gunk. I understand dielectric grease will do the same job too. I got mine to work using Vicks! Just as proof of concept. Vaseline would work too. probably destroy the rubber and has now been cleaned thoroughly.

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Thanks for replies Unfortunately id put it in wrong section so copied it here and before i could delete Two on tour replied.
currently working with both running off one pair of AA batteries as suggested here by ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back