Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone here has had firsthand experience of the Monimoto Tracker.

https://monimoto.com/uk/shop/

It's marketed as a Motorbike tracker but, I can't see why it can't be used in a Motorhome.
It come in two parts, Tracker and Keyfob, you hide the Tracker on your vehicle and when it detects movement it sends out a signal to look for the fob, if it cannot find it then it calls your mobile and starts tracking.
I like the idea, and it has a low subscription rate of £36 a year. I'm not looking for any insurance reducing device, just something for peace of mind that I might be able to find my van should the unfortunate happen. I have a Vodaphone Curve at the moment but they are "end of lifeing" the device this month :(

Cheers in advance.

Martin

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Been using one on the bike for 4 years . Great bit of kit.
I have emailed them to ask about campervan/ motorhome use.
The unit has to be within close proximity of the fob , this deactivates and anctivates the unit.
Ive never actualy tried testing it on the campervan as its damn well fiddly and very time consuming to remove from the bike.
One i have uses a replacement battery which ive had to change twice up to now.
Next time it needs a new one ill try it in the van.
The system does work very well. Ive been and moved my bike literally 6" and ive had a call to my mobile sharpish. 👍🏻
Apparently for it to track effectively it needs to be in an un caged ( faraday) area . I have a few spots in mind.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I bought one recently but haven’t fitted it yet, it’s not motorcycle specific as can be seen on the instructions.
I bought it for my bike but the beauty of it is that you can transfer it to whatever vehicle want.
There’s a 10% discount available if you look at The Missenden Flyers review on YouTube.

IMG_0917.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I too have used it on for several years, both on m/bikes and now on my Ebike, I can't fault it any movement without the fob and it alerts within a minute then sends a position and tracking reports a few minutes later.

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks all for the feedback, it looks like it has some good features that would make it work well in the real world, independently powered and phones you rather than texts you if the vehicle gets moved (I can see this being good as quite often I don't hear notifications from the wife, although she thinks I choose not to hear them🤣).

Was thinking of going for the monimoto 9, it's £20 more but has a built in rechargeable battery so probably cheaper in the long run.

Good to hear of some real feedback from real folk as sometimes these things sound better than they are!

Cheers 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back