Money transfer companies, other than Wise

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have used Wise(was Transferwise) for international transfers successfully for many years and been satisfied with their service.

However, recently they have asked for identity confirmation by photo of myself and my passport but all attempts have failed.

Wise have also not responded to my requests for help.

I need another transfer firm. Who is similar in the market?

TIA

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Had a recommendation from our French solicitor to use this enterprise to transfer the proceeds of our French house sale. Haven’t yet used them.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We have a Currensea card for spending overseas - I know they have a transfer service, but have never used it (the minimum sum is £100, max £20k). They are currently offering a rate of £1.2010, with a charge of 0.5%. No idea if you have to set up a spending card with them first though.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Are we talking £ 0000's ?
Otherwise a Wise card will do it. Just moved £2k from Nationwide to Wise, converted to € and transferred €500 to Revolut ... in about 2 minutes.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Are we talking £ 0000's ?
Otherwise a Wise card will do it. Just moved £2k from Nationwide to Wise, converted to € and transferred €500 to Revolut ... in about 2 minutes.
He’s just said it’s Wise he’s having problems with!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Open a starling bank account then add a euro account. Small transfer fees either way.
Used to use currency fair who also have low fees.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi Geoff . You have Revolut which many use & money is all protected & I just transfer in to it in GB pounds & exchange it.
There is also available to you N26 which is an on line subsidiary of Deutsche bank. Most of our dd's & s/o's are done using this as both have spanish IBAN's.
I like this as although you are restricted on the basic account to only 3 atm withdrawals a month you can withdraw up to 600€/day ,1800€/week 3k/month if you wish so far better than the basic Revout account which limits you to 200€/month.

By all accounts hsbc now do a 'global account' which I have been meaning to look at as I usually transfer from there & another account would not go amiss.
There is also Monzo as a Uk based one.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AT Expedition 68
I have just used TorFX to transfer for a purchase in Germany. No issues and all very smooth.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
My Wise passport scanning id verification did take a few attempts but worked in the end when I got the right camera angle.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Revolut
You can change any sum of money into another currency and back with no charge if you have a “Metal” account or for a very small sum if you don’t. Recently transferred a 6 figure sum to USA with effectively no charges

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-t 580 4x4
Exp
Getting there!
By all accounts hsbc now do a 'global account' which I have been meaning to look at as I usually transfer from there & another account would not go amiss.

I've got a HSBC sterling current account, a HSBC euro account which I can send and receive euro payments and the HSBC Global account.

I used the Global account for my recent German motorhome purchase as it was a better rate than any of the Forex brokers and funds were under-writtten by HSBC.

When the German dealer refunded the VAT they paid it to my HSBC euro account as I can't receive payments into the Global account apart from transfers from HSBC accounts. I then moved the euros from my euro account to the global account and then transferred them back to sterling in my HSBC sterling account.

It's a really good set-up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back