Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
Hi Everyone,
I read with great interest about all the help and advice given by the members on the forum and there is always someone to help.

I have a question to ask the members.
We are thinking of changing our MoHo and looking in the price range of about £75K maybe a little more if pushed.
We are looking at maybe a Chausson or a Fusion McLouis. Has anyone had first hand experience of one of these. Our MoHo is 7.2 mtrs long and we are hoping to get something a little shorter with a garage to put our electric bikes in plus a drop down bed. Plus of coarse an automatic. Would appreciate any advice on these good or bad or a recommendation of a different one thanks in anticipation.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Everyone,
I read with great interest about all the help and advice given by the members on the forum and there is always someone to help.

We are thinking of changing our MoHo and looking in the price range of about £75K maybe a little more if pushed.
We are looking at maybe a Chausson or a Fusion McLouis. Has anyone had first hand experience of one of these. Our MoHo is 7.2 mtrs long and we are hoping to get something a little shorter with a garage to put our electric bikes in plus a drop down bed. Plus of coarse an automatic. Would appreciate any advice on these good or bad or a recommendation of a different one thanks in anticipation.

You have not said whether you intend to spend the £75K on new or S/H.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
You have not said whether you intend to spend the £75K on new or S/H.
Hi Nicholsong,
Yes sorry about that, i would rather get new or nearly new. But living in kent MoHo dealers are few and far between. I am open to suggestions at the best i can get for the money. Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
Why those two in particular?
Hi CAB96,
No reason really they seem to fall into our price range, and both dealers are not a million miles away. We both agree that we would like a sound reliable MoHo, and we know that they all have there problems. So any good pointers we will have a look at new or nearly new. Thank you for replying and as always any advise is a help.

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have had a chausson 640 welcome for 4 years . Generally be very good with some early issues with damp ingress etc but it hasn’t let us down in the last 18000 miles . Loads of garage room , drop down bed is massive and the layout is great . Also love the full sized shower . Any other questions let me know

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
Hi Jewellbags,

We had a look at one yesterday the Titanium Ultimate was really very nice. Did they manage to sort out the damp ingress properly and how good was they in general sorting out problems. Did you get the auto if so how many gears did it have and was it a ford.Thanks for your feed back it's appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Our dealer has gone bust now . I had a local firm dry her out and then heavily reseal the large window in the had area . On occasion I look around the sealant on the outside and touch up now and again . We have the Fiat Ducato engine , manual - would I go manual ? Not sure and the ford seems to be less reliable (but that’s only from the Facebook group ) . Today I had to resells the roof hole made for the satellite cables as it was leaking ( but that’s not the vans fault ) . Get a reliable 28 mpg out of it . I also added semi air suspension a year after I got it which made a lot of difference to the ride . Other problems early days were fuses blowing but that was in the first few months . The diesel heater is a boon and yes , makes noise when it starts but virtually silent when in tick over .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
Our dealer has gone bust now . I had a local firm dry her out and then heavily reseal the large window in the had area . On occasion I look around the sealant on the outside and touch up now and again . We have the Fiat Ducato engine , manual - would I go manual ? Not sure and the ford seems to be less reliable (but that’s only from the Facebook group ) . Today I had to resells the roof hole made for the satellite cables as it was leaking ( but that’s not the vans fault ) . Get a reliable 28 mpg out of it . I also added semi air suspension a year after I got it which made a lot of difference to the ride . Other problems early days were fuses blowing but that was in the first few months . The diesel heater is a boon and yes , makes noise when it starts but virtually silent when in tick over .
Thanks for the info, its something to remember when looking again 👍

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
We have owned a Mclouis 360 auto for 3 years now. 6.99m in length. It has the transverse bed over the garage and also a drop-down double bed. Separate shower cubicle. Very happy with it. The garage is big and can easily fit two e-bikes. We also up-plated the weight to 3960kg which was just a paper excercise.
The only issues we have had is that the heat guard needed extended above the oven as the worktop trim was starting to lift, and currently central locking on the hab door is not working. It still locks with the key. OH currently dealing with that himself.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
Hi Buntyb, thanks for your input we are going next week to have a proper look at the McLouis MoHo's
:giggle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back