MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (58 Viewers)

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I know but it seems to be every vet I speak to that's what they say , I will be in North Italy but it would only work if they did sort results out in a few days as I won't be hanging around too long on route home .

I've never doubted what you're saying chief just every vet I've spoke with say 3/4 weeks
It's a complete Ballache
But they have all told you they won't email in the past, so as long as you you can find a vet (EU of course) that will enter it in the passport you can keep moving, although you'll hit France and they seem the worst for that kind of thing!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well if your near Padua (it's a lovely city) check that Silvia de Bono vet out and see what she says because they definitely email you your results which means you can keep on the road
Well having looked where it Is I'll definitely be passing that way. So if there was a chance she could do it then I'd make a point of going there. I want it done and out the way.

I dinnae have Facebook etc .

Any chance you could pop her a message , ask her if it's possible

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
But they have all told you they won't email in the past, so as long as you you can find a vet (EU of course) that will enter it in the passport you can keep moving, although you'll hit France and they seem the worst for that kind of thing!
Yeah I plan to spend no time in France... I'm travelling up the east coast of Italy... then the dolomite area , a few days In Austria and then the south of Germany. I'll use the German vet with the daft sense of humour for my worming etc ( who could possibly enter results in passport) and then it will be 2/3 days through Belgium enter France the day I'm sailing as my crossing is at midnight and back to blighty

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Yeah I plan to spend no time in France... I'm travelling up the east coast of Italy... then the dolomite area , a few days In Austria and then the south of Germany. I'll use the German vet with the daft sense of humour for my worming etc ( who could possibly enter results in passport) and then it will be 2/3 days through Belgium enter France the day I'm sailing as my crossing is at midnight and back to blighty
Can you ask the German vet in advance by phone or email? At least you could try others on route if you know he won't.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can you ask the German vet in advance by phone or email? At least you could try others on route if you know he won't.

Might be an idea .

Although I've just looked at the passports and it is a piece of nonsense, nowhere does it state that it has to be the vet that ordered the test that has to fill it in . It just states that the person filling it in has SEEN a result showing sufficient antibodies

The first photo is blu's passport the second is jade's, so Spanish and Greek say the same.
20240509_153512.jpg
20240509_153608.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tam you might as well get the dogs vaccinated and titre tested back here in the UK, I assumed it was cheaper in Spain, but having a Google it doesn't seem so.
Here is one example 3 year vaccinations £50, Titre testing £40 plus extras I bet, still have a looksee, they are in Lincoln, but there must be other places.
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam you might as well get the dogs vaccinated and titre tested back here in the UK, I assumed it was cheaper in Spain, but having a Google it doesn't seem so.
Here is one example 3 year vaccinations £50, Titre testing £40 plus extras I bet, still have a looksee, they are in Lincoln, but there must be other places.
LES
Can't have anything from a UK vet entered in EU passports or it makes them invalid. Titre test is never £40 in the UK though lol.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Well having looked where it Is I'll definitely be passing that way. So if there was a chance she could do it then I'd make a point of going there. I want it done and out the way.

I dinnae have Facebook etc .

Any chance you could pop her a message , ask her if it's possible
Yea no bother I'll message her for you, my Italian is as good as my fluent Spanish which you'll no doubt remember from when were both in the Spanish vets together and I had to explain why were there with a load of dogs with us! 😂😂

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yea no bother I'll message her for you, my Italian is as good as my fluent Spanish which you'll no doubt remember from when were both in the Spanish vets together and I had to explain why were there with a load of dogs with us! 😂😂
Yes that was quite amusing lol.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Would something like this work on your wheel nuts
Yes it might do , I'm a bit wary of how short that handle is though lol

That tyre fitter the other day wasn't much lighter than me and what a bother we had getting these loose.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Would something like this work on your wheel nuts
OK so I thought I'd check youtube for videos on how they work and seems to do the job

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I've nae job 😁, so I'm just spending the 90 days visiting a few folk , doing some jobs on the camper and exploring sarf england n Wales.
Hey Tam, mums the word! But, l have just had Uncle Lenny Lenny HB on the phone and he’s said, if Tam thinks he’s parking on my drive for 90 days drinking my beer,eating my food, and getting Mrs L to do the washing and ironing for him along with me getting stuck into repairing his MH ………..
He’s on the right track and more than welcome.👍😂😂😂😂😂😂

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hey Tam, mums the word! But, l have just had Uncle Lenny Lenny HB on the phone and he’s said, if Tam thinks he’s parking on my drive for 90 days drinking my beer,eating my food, and getting Mrs L to do the washing and ironing for him along with me getting stuck into repairing his MH ………..
He’s on the right track and more than welcome.👍😂😂😂😂😂😂
As long as he brings me 30 bottles of a decent French Red I might let him, 50 bottles would clinch it. :LOL:

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Tam I've told you a couple of times that 30 day stuff is a lot of nonsense, here's a screenshot of the email I received from the actual lab that does the tests in Italy and it only takes 4 or 5 days I got my 2 test results back in 4 days while on the road! I've also screenshot the vet I used and I think both dogs were €220 so Blu shouldn't be much more than half of that..... only useful of course if your heading to northern Italy which I think you are?.....
View attachment 894969View attachment 894970
Speak to Francesca and show her the e mail 😎

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
If you have the chance Tam give Fiss, Serfaus and Ladis a Google , paradise on Earth not far from the Italy border in Austria , Verona , north side of lake Garda , Merano over the Reshenpass into Austria, Beautiful drive, Merano is very pretty too.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
OK so I thought I'd check youtube for videos on how they work and seems to do the job

That looks awesome, can't say the same for the state of those RV wheels & tyres.
I want one.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That looks awesome, can't say the same for the state of those RV wheels & tyres.
I want one.
Well I need to get mine sent to your address 🤣🤣 so you'll get to see if it works OK before buying one.

P.s for your van you need a different one as this one is for hgv so the sockets etc are all huge .
Your wheel nuts won't be as big on your van .

This van of mine has the largest wheel nuts I've ever had on a van ...27mm even the vario was only 24mm

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh BTW I forgot to post the pic of the pads I removed...you'd never think these were only fitted 2 months ago . The outer pad is completely gone , the inner pad you can see has been overheated. The caliper has definitely been sticking on but I'm not entirely sure why as like I said the pistons moved back with ease and the sliders weren't siezed. I removed cleaned and regreased the sliders anyway and it was all moving freely when reassembled but time will tell if it does the same again.
20240509_190216.jpg
20240509_190222.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The wear looks even but why are there chunks out of the pads?
Lol , the pad closest in the photo has zero lining left on it , it's down to the rivets and the metal. The other one is about 50% worn but you can see all the cracking and crumbling of the lining as it's been overheated. The bits missing are because it's been cooked and the lining is all crumbling.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
They work well ,used them on my USRV 33mm socket size only used for loosening you still need decent torque wrench for tightening .
Yeah I have a torque wrench for tightening. I'm sure they're only meant to be 180nm .. or at least that's what I've been putting them too. I think the garage had them torqued to 10 times that as they were not wanting to come off again.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Are you still waiting to get the brake fluid changed. I'm just wondering if the fluid has a high water content and is boiling in the calipers & pushing the temperature up.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Yeah I have a torque wrench for tightening. I'm sure they're only meant to be 180nm .. or at least that's what I've been putting them too. I think the garage had them torqued to 10 times that as they were not wanting to come off again.
Even I can undo 180nm. 😊

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are you still waiting to get the brake fluid changed. I'm just wondering if the fluid has a high water content and is boiling in the calipers & pushing the temperature up.
It hasn't been changed BUT the rear was bled when the news pads fitted and its only that one side I get bother with. It's the same caliper that sized on after I had the bearing replaced for the mot and it was that same side that was worn to the rivets in Turkey too when I got the new pads fitted and rear brakes bled. I'm not sure what's going on with it. Will see if it plays up again between now and getting home . But I'll need to replace the disc on that side.

Weirdly after I changed the front pads the brakes haven't been spongy or anything. And I never heard any grinding or anything till the day I had to change those rear pads ... but they never got that bad in just a few days. The other side were still shiny black paint looked like new. That side looked like they'd been in there for years. But they were definitely changed in Turkey. He just didn't clean or grease up the sliders etc. And it had obviously been sticking previously.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back