Mobile phone providers (2 Viewers)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Having spent a hour on their web chat line trying to resolve my in ability to phone uk from their ID mobile network and failed gonna look at a better option . Can anyone wholly recommend a provider for us “roamers” with an excellent support service for me to switch to ?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
EE have done me an amazing deal. Last month they told me this is the deal and we cant do better. This week they gave me an extra £1.50 a month off, EU roaming and uncapped data speed, no arguments just did it! Im well happy

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
EE have done me an amazing deal. Last month they told me this is the deal and we cant do better. This week they gave me an extra £1.50 a month off, EU roaming and uncapped data speed, no arguments just did it! Im well happy
Were you an old customer re roaming as new customers don’t appear to get Roaming anymore? Just asking as daughter still gets it but on Martin Lewis and Uswitch etc it doesn’t look like you do . I was thinking of changing Nick from Lebara to ID but maybe not. Thanks.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Were you an old customer re roaming as new customers don’t appear to get Roaming anymore? Just asking as daughter still gets it but on Martin Lewis and Uswitch etc it doesn’t look like you do . I was thinking of changing Nick from Lebara to ID but maybe not. Thanks.
EE do an extra add on that can be included in some monthly contracts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I’ve just looked it up, £25 per month !! I’m sure jezport must have something different :giggle:
No you just need to make sure the plan has at least 1 inclusive extra where you can choose such things as roaming. We ditched EE even though we had inclusive roaming for IQ mobile.
Screenshot_20240511-091119_Chrome.jpg
20240511_090904.jpg

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
No you just need to make sure the plan has at least 1 inclusive extra where you can choose such things as roaming. We ditched EE even though we had inclusive roaming for IQ mobile.View attachment 895816View attachment 895815
I’ve got a very good plan currently with O2 but I’m investigating options for Nick when that runs out. I like to have one of us on a “fully comp” plan because of Switzerland. We don’t tend to stay there long but it’s not the place to find neither phone works!

Thanks for that.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

I have an old Vodafone plan carolyn that does just that. I still get the full 100gb a month in Europe.
So I’m loathe to switch to a new,cheaper plan,only to get stuck with 25gb fair usage.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Having spent a hour on their web chat line trying to resolve my in ability to phone uk from their ID mobile network and failed gonna look at a better option . Can anyone wholly recommend a provider for us “roamers” with an excellent support service for me to switch to ?
How much data do you need in the UK and also abroad?

Sep 24, 2013
swansea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
3 years

We're currently in Spain having travelled through France. We're using a Popit sim card with 100g and free calls and texts, £25 per month no roll over. Needed a bit of help initially in France, think it was my phone! and the back up from them was great, fixed straight away. So far, Internet wherever we've been and no problems making calls to UK. Would definitely recommend.

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We're currently in Spain having travelled through France. We're using a Popit sim card with 100g and free calls and texts, £25 per month no roll over. Needed a bit of help initially in France, think it was my phone! and the back up from them was great, fixed straight away. So far, Internet wherever we've been and no problems making calls to UK. Would definitely recommend.
Not on contract ? Or just a short term contract ?

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
I’ve got a very good plan currently with O2 but I’m investigating options for Nick when that runs out. I like to have one of us on a “fully comp” plan because of Switzerland. We don’t tend to stay there long but it’s not the place to find neither phone works!

Thanks for that.
have you looked at Tesco mobile ? they have roam like at home so data usage is same as at home.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
have you looked at Tesco mobile ? they have roam like at home so data usage is same as at home.
That’s a good idea. I’ve got a Tescos credit card. I remember dismissing them last year for me and then a Funster pointed out they’d kept roaming after all. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2013
swansea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
3 years
Not on contract ? Or just a short term contract ?
It's a monthly contract of £25. Apparently you can "park" the sim when you get back to the UK for £1 per month and then reactivate when you next go abroad. We' re still in Spain so obviously haven't done that yet. You do have to activate in the UK and a use certain amount of data before you go abroad. I think I used about 5. Give it a Google and see what you think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back