Mobile phone help needed (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Hi I'm not sure if anyone can help, I have a Samsung A10 which is a couple of years old. It is now very slow and also keeps dropping the WIFI or saying connected without internet, it then uses data instead, I know the network is fine as other devices are using it. Is it worth trying to do a factory reset or is it time to replace the phone?

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It's possible that the A10 cannot get 5Mhz wifi, just 2.4Mhz. Depending on what the Router is putting out and depending on the reception strengths this could be your problem. Best download a wifi strength checking app to see if this is the case.

Wifi Mhz

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Thanks It has been working for a couple of years now so it is ok Mrs. Ex has a similar phone and that's OK. I have done a back-up using Samsung smart-switch and I'm now doing a reset on the phone, if it's still playing up after that I will give in and buy a new one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have done a reset and as it was updating it disconnected the WIFI so its still the same. Time to look for a new phone :(

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Strange the phone did drop WIFI but it was a problem with the router not the phone this time, so I may be ok. Since I reset the router it has been fine, I knew it was the router as Mrs. Ex was watching a movie on Netflix and that went off too.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have now completed the reset all my apps loaded and working, strange thing the phone is 32gb storage and for a long time I have been short of space its been about 28gb so only 4gb free but now after the reset, with everything back I have 17gb free.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Go to:
Settings
Device care
Optimise.
I have been doing that for months and also deleting stuff to keep the storage to 28 gb. I suspect that phones collect rubbish to slow them down, so we have to buy new ones. I will probably reset the phone annually from now on to try and keep it working.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I have been doing that for months and also deleting stuff to keep the storage to 28 gb.
Is that the internal storage, which has a capacity of 32GB? You could add an SD card, anything up to 512GB. You can set the apps to use the SD card for data storage, rather than the internal 32GB memory. For example, all the photos and videos can go on the SD card. Also anything like audio/music files. I have Copilot and Maps.me, and they can both store their data (over 3GB each) on the SD card.

Best to try and keep some space in the internal storage, I don't like it to be more than about 70% full. The phone slows down when it is nearly full.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Is that the internal storage, which has a capacity of 32GB? You could add an SD card, anything up to 512GB. You can set the apps to use the SD card for data storage, rather than the internal 32GB memory. For example, all the photos and videos can go on the SD card. Also anything like audio/music files. I have Copilot and Maps.me, and they can both store their data (over 3GB each) on the SD card.

Best to try and keep some space in the internal storage, I don't like it to be more than about 70% full. The phone slows down when it is nearly full.
I have am SD card and have moved all the apps that will move. Since the reset the storage has a lot more space, even though I have the same apps.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
An update the phone was good as new, I even bought a new case for it 2 days ago but today I dropped it smashed the screen and now it works intermittently šŸ˜” tomorrow I'm picking up a new phone from John Lewis šŸ™‚

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back