LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Getting new van next week so looking at batteries.

Going to swap the 80ah gel for my KS underseat 205ah (plus all the other changes needed) but want to add more. Ideally I would of bought the same but they don't sell them now, another funster had one to sell but he's hanging on to it to see if he prefers that or a fogstar he has.

Mailed KS to see what would be OK to fit along side and they said their 155ah one would be compatible (I'm guessing same spec on charge, discharge etc.).

So my question is would it be OK to mix different lithium ah batteries?

Also the new van only has 1 charger (cbe I think) so if that has lithium profile would that be OK or should I have 2 chargers? Not bothered about number of amos as I'm not on EHU much and solar does most charging.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I have just added my 280ah self build LiFepo4 prismatic cells to 2x buttner 110ah LiFepo4 which are cylinderical cell all seems fine so far but we are on our maiden trip. 👍🏻

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Yes I use two 204A KS batteries and one 105A Fogster all in parallel… works fine and acts as one 513A bank!

I don’t really use a mains charger but do have a 30 Amp smart Victron one for back up. It will, if I switch it on, charge the batteries proportionately to their capacity.

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Yes I use two 204A KS batteries and one 105A Fogster all in parallel… works fine and acts as one 513A bank!

I don’t really use a mains charger but do have a 30 Amp smart Victron one for back up. It will, if I switch it on, charge the batteries proportionately to their capacity.
thanks, I guess both have same max charge/discharge? I was thinking of getting a fogstar to mix but prefer to staty same but can use it to negotiate.....

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
thanks, I guess both have same max charge/discharge? I was thinking of getting a fogstar to mix but prefer to staty same but can use it to negotiate.....

I’m not sure if they have the same discharge C rating TBH.. my Motorhome is all 12v and the only things we use an inverter for is the 4K TV, the kettle (800w), very occasional (like never) microwave use, induction hob and charging Ebike bats.

None of these will draw enough current to be a problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back