MH driving lessons (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Hi everyone, it’s me again
My wife needs MH driving lessons , no perception of SIZE, let’s keep this clean.😜
Any suggestions -you’ve rightly guessed -we are middle age , only physically I hasten to add and newbies to MHoming.
Thanks in advance .

Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
My wife needs MH driving lessons , no perception of SIZE, let’s keep this clean.😜
Any suggestions -you’ve rightly guessed -we are middle age , only physically I hasten to add and newbies to MHoming.
Thanks in advance .
CAMC and CCC certainly do caravan manoeuvring courses, maybe they do MH too?

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks in advance .

Since you do not own a MH yet you may decide to buy one over 3.5t, because those under are often uite restricted on payload.

Has she got C1 on her licence? If not it might make sense to choose a C1 course and kill two birds etc.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
S
May 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Since you do not own a MH yet you may decide to buy one over 3.5t, because those under are often uite restricted on payload.

Has she got C1 on her licence? If not it might make sense to choose a C1 course and kill two birds etc.
Oh I’m sorry I wasn’t clear; we actually have bought an old old Mercedes Mohican a couple of weeks ago.
She’s quite delightful for her age.
As for the C1 licence, unfortunately we both passed pre 97.🥵

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Find a local company that do C1, I know you have it but they will give her a few lessons which should help.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Find a local company that do C1, I know you have it but they will give her a few lessons which should help.

Our youngest daughter recently took such a course with a company in Yeovil to gain her C1. Although she’s now trundling around in a rather large Iveco Eurocargo horse transporter, the driving on the course was undertaken in a LWB Mercedes Sprinter, and she gained a lot from it.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Our youngest daughter recently took such a course with a company in Yeovil to gain her C1. Although she’s now trundling around in a rather large Iveco Eurocargo horse transporter, the driving on the course was undertaken in a LWB Mercedes Sprinter, and she gained a lot from it.

Was the course and C1 test done in a Sprinter over 4t? As I thought that was the minimum weight requirement for the C1 test.

Upvote 0
Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
I'd go for a commercial driving outfit. You see these improve van driving and horse owners wanting to take the 7.5kg test. You might have to travel to find one. Try 'van driving lessons uk' on the web.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
My sister recently did the club course linked above and rated it very highly. She drove in her and hubby's van. After a while driving, the instructor homed in on the things she needed help and confidence with. They do a couples course too apparently, she didn't know that when she booked or would have got that.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2021
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor
Exp
Since 2019
I don't know where you live. But in Leicestershire I can personally recommend this place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
May 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Thankyou everyone/ some very useful feedback and suggestions- I think even thou my wife and I don’t need to have any lessons because we both passed our driving test pre 97, I think the general opinion has influenced our decision to possibly seek lessons just to gain confidence .

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Oh I’m sorry I wasn’t clear; we actually have bought an old old Mercedes Mohican a couple of weeks ago.
She’s quite delightful for her age.
As for the C1 licence, unfortunately we both passed pre 97.🥵
Which is delightful the wife or the van?

Where are you located ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back