Mercedes Hymer gas locker capacity b 630 (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer 630
I am guessing the gas lockers on all the merc chassis (2003 era) will be the same or even better if someone with RHD 630 could advise. I am looking at fitting 2 x 11 kg refillable bottles but not sure if enough room for the rear bottle. I thought I had measured it but got mixed up between diameter and circumference. It is an odd shaped locker so any advice would be welcome. Currently have 13 and 7.5 in there.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
My B525 from 2006 RHD has the gas locker next to the drivers seat. Enough room for 2 x 11kg refillable bottles, a bit tight getting them in but once in at least you don't have to handle them again. I had to take the collar of the gasit bottle s it's taller than the gaslow one.
I suspect your B630 will be identical.

OP
OP
N
Aug 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer 630
Thanks. I will measure it properly but that give me a bit of confidence

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
On a personal note:
I'd refit like for like.
One big one, one small one.

Unless you are full timing, or parking up for a two week skiing holiday, or going somewhere where LPG is very limited, such as Morocco or Cornwall,
I find that one big Gaslow bottle will last half a summer, or at least a week in winter.
The smaller bottle then becomes the reserve tank, you know when you switch over that its a few days mid winter, or a couple of weeks in summer.

There is no point is lugging around another big bottle as the reserve tank when it's not needed.
You also gain valuable locker space.
(We keep all the 'smellies' in the gas locker. Loo tabs, bleach, BBQ gas canisters, and the EHU cable)

My current set up is a 11kg GasLow and a similar Calor.
In 5 years of use, we still have the original Calor bottle as reserve.
My intention is to use the calor bottle up next summer and then replace it with the smallest GasLow bottle as the emergency reserve.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hymer always allow for 2 x 11kg, and if it's a tall locker you will be able to get 14kg bottles in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back