Mastervolt advanced lithium package

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Hi, putting a deposit down on a Rapido A class and included is the above kit. The van is under a year old, and hasn't been used much. Is it a good setup for using of grid. It also has a 400w blackline solar panel. I've never been off grid, but fancy trying it. Stuff like this, is way over my head. This is the setup. Thanks

IMG-20241025-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20241025-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20241025-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20241025-WA0000.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
That's some high quality and expensive equipment you have there 👍. Try and identify the model of battery (probably it's the 100amp but can't tell from the photo) and the other green box which looks like a combi inverter charger. Then you could go to the mastervolt website and get the specifications 👍👍

OP
OP
M
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido
That's some high quality and expensive equipment you have there 👍. Try and identify the model of battery (probably it's the 100amp but can't tell from the photo) and the other green box which looks like a combi inverter charger. Then you could go to the mastervolt website and get the specifications 👍👍
Thanks, yes it was expensive. He said it cost over €10000 fitted. Any idea if it would run the aircon on low overnight. We live in Spain and it would be needed through the summer nights.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks, yes it was expensive. He said it cost over €10000 fitted. Any idea if it would run the aircon on low overnight. We live in Spain and it would be needed through the summer nights.
Sorry, without identifying the individual items its not really possible to comment on the capabilities of the system. Someone else on here might have a better idea.
Do you have any paperwork/ instructions?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido
No to the paperwork, I will talk the guy I'm buying it off later. I haven't had the van yet, we just today agreed on the price.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
My guess would be 200ah or even 230ah for the battery, if you look at these batteries it's not the 100 or 400 so sort of narrows it down, the thing on top of the battery is a "Blue Sea" master switch and may be linked to battery low voltage protect (ours is) blackline solar sound like Buttner and is good gear especially linked to Victron regulator although if there is just one Victron 100-20 I would think it was a bit undersized for 400W so maybe there is another.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
I don't know anything about mastervolt but I know it's used in boats alot think AdrianChen does.
Yes had a couple of systems on boats - that looks like a 12/3000wh Lithium battery with the connection kit mounted on top that uses a blue sea latching relay jobby, (if something goes wrong with the battery, it fully disconnects the batts - all the MV lithium installs used them as a "required safety" device) - an Easy View 5 control screen and Combimaster inverter/charger, although difficult to say which one I would guess 12/2000/60, unless there's another battery hidden away - there is what looks like a usb interface also mounted down there, presumably to allow a laptop to connect to use the Master Adjust software to do the install/configuration, might be one of the other interface box's difficult to see in the photo. Mastervolt kit is very good and well specced, but expensive. Not sure if they have integrated any bluetooth comms yet which is why I ended up with Victron on the van..... Certainly do a few days off grid with 230AH battery with 400w of solar -

Last edited:

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Depends on the battery capacity as to whether it will run the aircon all night, you need a blooming big battery to do that.

I can run ours comfortably until it cools down our nearly 9 mtr moho, then I can switch it to night mode and it’ll go all night but I do have 560ah of lithium.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
I think as Al n Val have said, the aircon might be a big ask overnight unless there are more batteries squirreled away?

OP
OP
M
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Yes had a couple of systems on boats - that looks like a 12/3000wh Lithium battery with the connection kit mounted on top that uses a blue sea latching relay jobby, (if something goes wrong with the battery, it fully disconnects the batts - all the MV lithium installs used them as a "required safety" device) - an Easy View 5 control screen and Combimaster inverter/charger, although difficult to say which one I would guess 12/2000/60, unless there's another battery hidden away - there is what looks like a usb interface also mounted down there, presumably to allow a laptop to connect to use the Master Adjust software to do the install/configuration, might be one of the other interface box's difficult to see in the photo. Mastervolt kit is very good and well specced, but expensive. Not sure if they have integrated any bluetooth comms yet which is why I ended up with Victron on the van..... Certainly do a few days off grid with 230AH battery with 400w of solar -
Thanks Adrian, he said its Bluetoothed to his phone. Is it possible to add another lithium battery to the setup. Your talking to an electrical numphty here.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Thanks Adrian, he said its Bluetoothed to his phone. Is it possible to add another lithium battery to the setup. Your talking to an electrical numphty here.
Yes you can add another battery and connection kit if there is physical space available. It'll need a masterbus cable (simple ethernet type), and some settings changed in Master adjust or the easyview screen to set up a cluster, but any MV installer will be able to do that. Good to hear they've added bluetooth or perhaps it's been done via CZone, I must catch up with what they're doing.....

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Any idea if it would run the aircon on low overnight.
Aircon units don't really run "On low", unless it is one of the very new ones. (late 2024).

They are either on or off with a time on/off setting to control how much cooling you feel.

So the inverter needs to be able to run the aircon on full power. (just not all the time)

OP
OP
M
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Wit this aircon unit, you can set the temp and fan speed.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
I think it will still be swtching on and off rather than running "on low".

Do you have a make and model?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I'd be a little suspect that you have 400W solar with that regulator that can only handle about 250W

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back