Aug

Rally Malvern Motorhome Show 2024 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact sl
Exp
Paid & Booked
We are in for a Thursday morning arrival.. Looking forward to a lovely weekend and catching up with old friends and making new ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Change of plan , now arriving Friday afternoon around 3pm

Jim , Lee Fryer , Kannon Fodda
Not sure who are Marshals for this one .
Won't know the marshalls till after the bookings close and Warners confirm numbers. But from activity in this thread there will be a few of us running around.

Note booking close Wed 31st 2:00pm. Don't be that funster who pays full price for general camping on the gate.

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Can anyone shed some light on this mystery ..no injuns at the show any more.

I used to love seeing them at Malvern Western Shows, their costumes were brilliant.

The Big chiefs In all their feathers and bones, however they did take the ancestry/ history very seriously and were allowed to do a tribute/triology on stage.

Whether they had a fall out with the organisers, anybody know!?

Aug 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact sl
Exp
Booked and paid, arriving Thursday.
Thanks for the heads up on Cromer.. We eventually made it back home to Surrey last night after spending a few days in Canterbury.. Great to be retired and never in a hurry.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Booked, but didn't think of booking with MHF so will be with the general campers. But maybe can pop by the MHF area to say hi to anyone not out in the show at the time...
I've contacted the show to ask to be moved over to the MHF area. I've also completed the Marshall's form. Arriving Friday as I've got work commitments Thursday evening.
Really looking forward to it, even though unfortunately I have to leave fairly early on Sunday due to work obligations in Lincolnshire on Monday morning.
EDIT: Warners have confirmed that they've shifted me to the MHF field. 👍

Last edited:

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Can anyone shed some light on this mystery ..no injuns at the show any more.

I used to love seeing them at Malvern Western Shows, their costumes were brilliant.

The Big chiefs In all their feathers and bones, however they did take the ancestry/ history very seriously and were allowed to do a tribute/triology on stage.

Whether they had a fall out with the organisers, anybody know!?
My guess is complaints of cultural appropriation?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I cannot see mhf on the ticket list?
Should have gone to
1722416426794.png
....:cool:

Today is final day for booking by 1400 hrs

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have booked and may or may not be arriving Friday. Darling daughter gets married on the 10th. We collect new van tomorrow so thought it would be a good test before 2 month tour on the 27th. But we don’t know if the family will be gone!!

If we’re not coming we will let Marshalls know. I have filled the form in, hopefully arriving Friday afternoon. If we are coming we expect people to admire the Van :giggle:

Jun 7, 2018
Daventry
Funster No
MH
Renault Master MWB
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the heads up on Cromer.. We eventually made it back home to Surrey last night after spending a few days in Canterbury.. Great to be retired and never in a hurry.
Nice to hear from you again and I'm glad you had a nice time in Cromer, hopefully we will see you at the next show.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
I phoned warners today as I haven’t received my ticket. They have nothing on their records to say that I have booked and I can’t find any payment on any of my accounts showing I’ve paid but I know that as soon as I did it I then put it on Motorhomefun to say booked and filled out the form, anyway I’m sorry but won’t be arriving.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
The showguide is now available for download.

Motorhome Fun have our usual field on the Southwest of the showground, by the 24 hour Brown Gate. But all camping Funsters must have checked in at the usual Yellow Gate off Blackmore Park Road (signposted for campers). If you come in the wrong way you won't have your wristbands and "goodie bag", so we'll send you away again - there is always one ;)

There are a lot of us year, over 130 which is a fair bit more than some recent years. The field is big enough, but your marshalls may need to be a bit strict with spacing so we all fit comfortably. We all want to enjoy ourselves and the team will do our best for you to have a good time, but can we ask:
  • arrive with water (there is a tap by the field gate, but it can get busy).
  • arrive with your friend(s) if you wish to be parked next to each other (one year we tried saving spaces and by the time 10 were being held it became very confusing to work out who was where and to thread people around).
  • expect that your awnings, pop up quests, windbreak enclosures and similar must be alongside your motorhome, not extending in front and behind. Warners pitch sizes are only 8m deep, 10m wide (which includes the firebreak separation), so many of our motorhomes can be oversized.
  • detach any toads or trailers and if they won't fit in your pitch space please leave on the front grass verge outside the funster field
  • if you are going to be a late arrival (say post 7:00pm), or delayed to a different day from your booking, or no longer able to make it, please let us know as we'll be happy to see you but it stops us hanging about wondering.
  • complete Jim's form (see post #1), as we get your details (Warners only give us surnames), in case of any issues, and you also get to pre-book any badge requests.

See you all on the Thursday, or Friday :)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Booked, arriving Thursday. First time in Funsters field. Look forward to joining everyone 😊
Not wishing to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but you DID specify MHF when making your booking? I thought bookings closed on Wednesday, but hopefully I'm wrong.

If you don't have MHF on your ticket, the marshals won't allow you to join the Funsters. But of course you would still be very welcome to wander across and meet us all.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Kannon Fodda I’m gonna be there after 7 prob around 8 on Thurs as usual🙄 due to that “work” thing that you’ve forgotten about😉😁😁😁
Haven't forgotten about that 4 letter word. Still gives me nightmares. :winky: And I do do some stuff over winter. Plus all this marshaling is unpaid work often with longer shifts than any job would offer :whatthe:

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Haven't forgotten about that 4 letter word. Still gives me nightmares. :winky: And I do do some stuff over winter. Plus all this marshaling is unpaid work often with longer shifts than any job would offer :whatthe:
And it's much appreciated by all I'm sure :) You guys do a brilliant job, with a smile too.

Nov 4, 2022
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
Kannon Fodda life takes over so we are only able to arrive Saturday, not Thursday evening as originally planned and booked. Is that likely to cause any problems for the Marshalls? Happy to correspond by 'conversation' if that assists.

We particularly booked this as we visited Newbury as day visitors last year and made mistake of not purchasing stuff we know find we need/want* (*delete as appropriate).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back