Lyndon Top avoid this weekend (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Setting off soon for family camping at Lyndon Top, I do love my grandsons (9,8,7&3) but all four together can take some managing 🤔😁

Breaking in gently by taking two of them down with us in a bit while mum works, may have had enough by the time their mum and dad arrive at 6 🤔🙂

My in laws, some of you may recall the Scotland trip many years ago are also coming , we tried to hire a MH so they could ‘camp’ with us, but FIL announced he is not emptying his own toilet ever again 🤣

The golf course alongside has accommodation, they are booked in there and he told me it’s only 50 yards away. He has a really annoying habit of making such announcements, I have tried to tell him it’s more like 500m but he’s having none of it, having never been to either location 🙄

Give me control over my thoughts leaving my my head via my mouth for 48 hours please and I suggest anybody going to LT this weekend avoid the area to the right of the barn till Sunday 😁👍

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The golf course alongside has accommodation, they are booked in there and he told me it’s only 50 yards away. He has a really annoying habit of making such announcements, I have tried to tell him it’s more like 500m but he’s having none of it, having never been to either location 🙄
Yes, there is a gap in the hedging so can walk to and fro the golf course without going around the road. You could park up nice and close in that nearest field ! 🤣 The barn seems too far away 🤣

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yes, there is a gap in the hedging so can walk to and fro the golf course without going around the road

Didn’t discover it till last year, made full use since, would never have walked round on the road. It’s a nice place sat outside on a nice day , just hope it’s as nice with the in laws 🤔🙂👍

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hope you have a wonderful time, with the grandkids, try to ignore the inlaws, i always did with mine 🤣 Have a tipple too but not enough to speak your mind. Get yourself a phrase to use each time they/he irritate you andd keep sending the most annoying 😉 grandchild to them 😉🤣

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Hope you have a wonderful time, with the grandkids, try to ignore the inlaws, i always did with mine 🤣 Have a tipple too but not enough to speak your mind. Get yourself a phrase to use each time they/he irritate you andd keep sending the most annoying 😉 grandchild to them 😉🤣

🤪

What sort of phrase? May I suggest something like “effing banker”? 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
IMG_2844.jpeg

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Keep the pics coming please David.

We had our own family do last weekend….our 35th wedding anniversary….complete with recreated headdress…which everyone ended trying on! All 4 kids etc and little Ophelia

dd8874b7-7882-41ec-91db-b52860c5c3c9.jpeg

IMG_4222.png

Our only (so far) granddaughter (3)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a good weekend David I'm sure you'll make a lot of good memories with those young men of yours, as for the FIL I think as Dawn says absolutely should cover it well, look forward to seeing some photos.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
All set up by 7 last night, we walked to golf club to pick up Bevs parents , had a drink there while we waited for them to come down 🤔🙄

I will see you coming round our room looks towards your route in 🤔🤣

So we rang them when we got there 🤣

He then proceeded to tell me that if he drove round he would go to end of golf course drive and turn left 🤔 I told him no because we are over there pointing towards the campsite

His reply, you must be further down the road because we didn’t see the camp site and drove in that way 🙄

Good luck when you turn left it will be a 20 mile drive round Rutland Water 😁

Bev walked them home before dark , will see if they arrive on foot or by car later

The lovely Susan (manager here) has given us a visitor code for the barrier 👍 I was prepared to pay for a night for them , as sure as eggs are eggs FIL would sit at the barrier and try to blag his way in, why would he use visitor parking and walk 🙄🤔

Weather is beautiful again , games day here 🙂👍

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
some of you may recall the Scotland trip many years ago are also coming , we tried to hire a MH so they could ‘camp’ with us, but FIL announced he is not emptying his own toilet ever again 🤣
I recall the salutes to passing motorhomes you told us about :rofl:

ZZ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back