Rally Chat Lyndon Top 25th to 30th July 2024 (17 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Are you doing the cake thing again, I missed that last time (yes shocking I know)🤷‍♂️

Yes to cake thing 😁

Perfect Saturday morning get together option, please bring a cake, but if anybody forgets don’t worry definitely still come with a plate there will be plenty 😁👍

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
We’ve just booked Thursday to Tuesday, it’s our first rally so please be gentle with us, Is there anything we need to know / bring other than the obvious, booze, money, food and more booze ?

Richard & Louise

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Is there anything we need to know / bring other than the obvious, booze, money, food and more booze ?

A cake for coffee and cake on at least one morning and a few £1 coins for the charity game 👍

And do you want fish and chips on Friday?

Looking forward to meeting you 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
A cake for coffee and cake on at least one morning and a few £1 coins for the charity game 👍

And do you want fish and chips on Friday?

Looking forward to meeting you 🙂
Yes Please fish & Chips x 2

Looking forward to meeting everyone too 😁

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We will phone up tomorrow and book, probably Thursday to Tuesday. Have a meeting on the Wednesday if I can get out of that we may head down Wednesday.

Will confirm once booked tomorrow.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
DavidG58 where do you put ref MHF when booking online?

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Weather looking good for next week, we are arriving on Thursday along with quite a few of you 👍

1721255626891.png

In discussion with LT to confirm the same area as last year , which for those who weren’t there or who haven’t been before is on the right behind the barn before going through the barrier 👍

IMG_2700.jpeg

I expect to be there between 2-3, one of the nice things about LT they are very relaxed about arrival / departure times

Arrive anytime on first day , leave anytime on last 😁 pretty much as long as it’s daylight 👍

Dont forget cake, great way to meet up, might do it Friday Saturday and Sunday morning 😁

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Fish & chips x 2 please

It’s getting about time to start a fish and chip list 😁

Just rang Oakham Fish Bar who we used last time, prices have gone up like everything I guess

Cod is skinless Haddock skin on, I want to keep things simple and prefer skinless myself so that’s the choice 🤔👍

Fish is now £7.50, last year it was a decent size, small chips are £2, I will try and get a better price for a larger order, but for now presume that’s the price

I intend to only order fish and chips , it can get very complicated very quickly, if you want peas etc bring them with you

Pick up will probably be the same as last year, my very obliging first wife will collect on her way to site from work, so about 6.30 on site

Please let me know if you want some and how many here please, I will add a food list on the first page , if your name isn’t there and you have ordered I have missed you and you won’t be getting any 🤔🙄

I will review earlier comments and start a list based on that for now
You seem to have missed us of the food list ☹️🥲

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Hi DavidG58
I have just booked Thursday - Sunday.

It'll be my first van trip since poor Kerry's unexpected demise in January. I don't know if I'll last the whole four days, not only because of the above but because my van is quite poorly on the 12v side.
So we'll see

Can I order 1x Fish & Chips please.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Morning

Just tidying up the fish and chip order

The following are not included, it isn’t compulsory 😁 but I don’t want anybody going hungry who thought they had ordered

I have read back through and don’t think I have missed any more 🤔🙄

I will confirm numbers on Tuesday. But I don’t think there will be any issues adding more even on the day, but can the following confirm they do or don’t want please

Lenny HB
gozomike
Sorted thanks Mike

Any other omissions please tell me

Last edited:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks David,

I can confirm we are booked from Friday, leaving on Tuesday as I’ve just noticed there’s a ? On the list.

Looking forward to it 😊

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If anyone fancies a cycle round the reservoir on Friday morning and possibly a couple of other days and routes, I’ll be bringing my gravel bike with me and will have my ebike in the garage if anyone wants to borrow it. It’s 23 miles including the peninsula, just nice slow leisurely ride either once or twice round.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Morning

The following are not included, it isn’t compulsory 😁 but I don’t want anybody going hungry who thought they had ordered

I will confirm numbers on Tuesday. But I don’t think there will be any issues adding more even on the day, but can the following confirm they do or don’t want please

scottie
Lenny HB
gozomike

Not for me thanks

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I was wondering if by any chance anyone might have a 10mm socket & ratchet they might be willing to lend me... and supervise my use as alI attempt to unbolt my Airbag Sensor?

I've watched a YouTube video - how hard can it be?

I'd like to unbolt it but not actually remove it until I get home to send it to Crashdata

Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Morning

scottie
Lenny HB
gozomike

David, I'm not down for this one, I might have expressed an interest, but didn't book.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yes please will book today, all the days
Thanks
Scottie

David, I'm not down for this one, I might have expressed an interest, but didn't book.

No problem thanks for the update , I can see why I was confused though 🤔👍

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I was wondering if by any chance anyone might have a 10mm socket & ratchet they might be willing to lend me... and supervise my use as alI attempt to unbolt my Airbag Sensor?

I've watched a YouTube video - how hard can it be?

I'd like to unbolt it but not actually remove it until I get home to send it to Crashdata
I’ll be carrying plenty of tools and your welcome to borrow what you need, I’ll have laptop with multiecuscan too, I don’t leave home without it 😁

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Couple of things need to fall into place before I can confirm, but in principle it's a 'yes' from us/me.

It will probably be the end of this month before I can confirm, but I really hope we can join you.
Well, nothing fell into place & others got worse! :(
The new van isn't ready (so Jane can't come) & the old one got nicked. Got it back, but it's still being repaired. It just might be ready by the weekend, but not confirmed yet. I've now got something on on Saturday afternoon, but if I have a van, I'm hoping I can carry on down to you, probably only for 48hrs. That's assuming there is still room on the field, but it's a big place.

If I don't make it - have a great time all.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Well, nothing fell into place & others got worse! :(
The new van isn't ready (so Jane can't come) & the old one got nicked. Got it back, but it's still being repaired. It just might be ready by the weekend, but not confirmed yet. I've now got something on on Saturday afternoon, but if I have a van, I'm hoping I can carry on down to you, probably only for 48hrs. That's assuming there is still room on the field, but it's a big place.

If I don't make it - have a great time all.

Definitely no issues with space, it would be good to see you if it works out

The new van is extra news to catch up on 🤔👍 just off to check if I have missed any mention of that

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If anyone fancies a cycle round the reservoir on Friday morning and possibly a couple of other days and routes, I’ll be bringing my gravel bike with me and will have my ebike in the garage if anyone wants to borrow it. It’s 23 miles including the peninsula, just nice slow leisurely ride either once or twice round.

I have cycled round at previous visits on my old small wheeled bike , it is hard work

Personally if doing it again I would ride from site to marina (north shore) then back again and as a separate trip ride to the peninsular in the other direction and back

There is a long section to the north of the water where you ride alongside a main road (on separate cycle track) but no pleasure in that section at all

I was also surprised and disappointed how little of the water you can see on the west and north sections

We will have our bikes and as a minimum I am very willing to ride out and meet you at a pub en route 😁

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have cycled round at previous visits on my old small wheeled bike , it is hard work

Personally if doing it again I would ride from site to marina (north shore) then back again and as a separate trip ride to the peninsular in the other direction and back

There is a long section to the north of the water where you ride alongside a main road (on separate cycle track) but no pleasure in that section at all

I was also surprised and disappointed how little of the water you can see on the west and north sections

We will have our bikes and as a minimum I am very willing to ride out and meet you at a pub en route 😁

Thanks David, I’ve had a look on Komoot at the route round the water and others in the area, I’ll decide once there. Cycling to a pub sounds ok though 😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back