Lucky escape and insurance consideration? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 8, 2022
Knaresborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleff advantage
Exp
Oct 2021
So yesterday i decided to put my MH into its our local storage depot but got way laid, 7.30pm last night a major fire destroyed several MH's, caravans and a car at the same depot. This got me thinking, who would foot the £200,000 + bill, the storage depot, the MH where the fire started or each individual policy? It also got me thinking does my storage depot match the ambitions of my insurance company? i know these things are rare but it does make you think given the value of our pride and joys.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
When we used storage the charge was per parking space determined on type of vehicle and length. It would therefore be very surprising if they covered the loss in the case of a fire or theft as it could accommodate vehicles of totally different value. If they were to cover loss as well the parking would quite reasonably be more expensive the more expensive the vehicle was.

Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
American Rv A Class
We used to keep our tourer at a Cassoa Gold storage yard which had hundreds of vans and motorhomes, you would drive into storage yard and leave your van at reception then staff would park it as tight as possible to other vans, near enough touching only inches apart. They said this was to stop anyone breaking into your van personally I think it was so they could get more vans on. Only problem was you had to give a couple of days notice when you wanted to collect your van so they could find it and get it out for you

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We used to keep our tourer at a Cassoa Gold storage yard which had hundreds of vans and motorhomes, you would drive into storage yard and leave your van at reception then staff would park it as tight as possible to other vans, near enough touching only inches apart. They said this was to stop anyone breaking into your van personally I think it was so they could get more vans on. Only problem was you had to give a couple of days notice when you wanted to collect your van so they could find it and get it out for you
I would never leave anything anywhere where they park it. What is the point of having 47 different theft devices if you leave the keys ? I can't see that your insurance company would be happy with someone having a shed full of keys?

Upvote 0

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
So how did their driver get out of the van? 😃😃

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

Leave my keys with them……sorry no chance. I’m very protective of vehicles once I own them.

I don’t even like watching the fitters test drive my car, motorcycles or van.🙁

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back