IMG_8629.png

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
.97 euros Rochefort today but at a Total garage and they refused to let me fill. No camping cars allowed.
This is the second time this has happened.

Do you have an external filler point or do you open a hatch to fill bottles?

I ask as I’m planning a Total fill tomorrow just North of Poitiers.

You’d imagine with an external filler they won’t know that it’s not for your propulsion…?

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Do you have an external filler point or do you open a hatch to fill bottles?

I ask as I’m planning a Total fill tomorrow just North of Poitiers.

You’d imagine with an external filler they won’t know that it’s not for your propulsion…?
Proper external filler point for underslung tank. I even had my ADR card from when I worked mini bulk LPG for Calor.

Not interested. Computer says no.

Just looking and there is an Auchan with gas by Futurescope not far from the Total

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Proper external filler point for underslung tank. I even had my ADR card from when I worked mini bulk LPG for Calor.

Not interested. Computer says no.

Thanks - I may have to consider a different garage option on Saturday when we move! Been off grid for three an a bit weeks and we’ve chugged through the gas, so I do need a full fill!

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Thanks - I may have to consider a different garage option on Saturday when we move! Been off grid for three an a bit weeks and we’ve chugged through the gas, so I do need a full fill!
I did edit Auchan futurescope has lpg close to Total.
We are at Ccp Fouras on electric. Dogs operation was cancelled till Tuesday don’t fancy 1 hr drive to get gas just to come back. So will wait here.
We are by the beach and Starlink is all set now for F1 and football at weekend (y)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I am very happy to pay the Morrisons price if it means they keep selling it. Now that there are fewer cars and taxis using lpg the tiny amounts we use in our motorhomes is not going to make it worth selling it if they are only making a few pence per litre.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Some Total filling stations do allow you, and some don't, but because of the frequency of folks being turned down, I tend to give Total a miss now when in France.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
So we have had many commenting/complaining that Autogas ( LPG) pumps, over the last year or two are slowly being withdrawn from forecourts..
And now we have some complaining about the price the remaining outlets are charging..
There really is no pleasing some..
As BrochMike said above...
£1.29 with available pumps.... or
£0.99 with no available pumps..!!

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
So we have had many commenting/complaining that Autogas ( LPG) pumps, over the last year or two are slowly being withdrawn from forecourts..
And now we have some complaining about the price the remaining outlets are charging..
There really is no pleasing some..
As BrochMike said above...
£1.29 with available pumps.... or
£0.99 with no available pumps..!!

The former of course…😇

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I think many are of the opinion that the sudden price hike is purely profiteering, and feel that it is unjustified. Had it been 5p or 10p a litre rise, no one would have been too bothered. 🤷‍♂️
Yes it's great that we continue to have a national outlet of Autogas, but no one expects them to take the pi@@ price wise.
Morrison's Autogas would appear to be the dearest in Britain all of a sudden. :Eeek:

Jock.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I did edit Auchan futurescope has lpg close to Total.
We are at Ccp Fouras on electric. Dogs operation was cancelled till Tuesday don’t fancy 1 hr drive to get gas just to come back. So will wait here.
We are by the beach and Starlink is all set now for F1 and football at weekend (y)

Thanks for the Auchan part… didn’t twig at first! It’s a little further along the same route I’m doing from Le Mans on Saturday, so pinned if needed! 👍🏻👌

Hope all goes okay with the hound… hadn’t seen you were having doggie problems! I will be parked up all day Sunday enjoying the BTCC and the F1. Can’t imagine I’m going to be popular unless the rain holds off and I can watch on the ‘garage’ TV! 🤣

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I had to fill up at Morrisons today £1.29 🙁 ,nearest supplier to me is 89p but set up for taxis and smaller vans too tight for a 7.4m A class☹️

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I filled up at Addlestone on Monday 81.9p/Ltr.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
.97 euros Rochefort today but at a Total garage and they refused to let me fill. No camping cars allowed.
This is the second time this has happened.
We’ve found this at Total garages in France over the last two years. But is it spreading to other French providers like Intermarché, E.LeClerk, Super U, Auchan etc? We are currently at Marseillan and will need to top up next week or so. So want to avoid Total but a heads up at alternatives always welcome.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I am very happy to pay the Morrisons price if it means they keep selling it. Now that there are fewer cars and taxis using lpg the tiny amounts we use in our motorhomes is not going to make it worth selling it if they are only making a few pence per litre.
Did you not see my post, as cheap as 70p in Birmingham. That’s some markup that Morrisons is making. 😡
It’s not really Morrisons anyway as MFG bought all their fuel stations, they are buying up all over the country. I think the Competition Commission should be looking into this.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Did you not see my post, as cheap as 70p in Birmingham. That’s some markup that Morrisons is making. 😡
It’s not really Morrisons anyway as MFG bought all their fuel stations, they are buying up all over the country. I think the Competition Commission should be looking into this.
Yes I saw your post and perhaps in Birmingham there are still lots of taxi drivers buying LPG nearly everyday. In other parts of the country they are probably only selling the tiny amounts we motorhomers buy a few times a year. These places may need to charge a lot more to cover their overheads. I would rather pay Morrisons price in Sussex than have to drive to Birmingham and back to save a few quid. I suspect the 70p in Birmingham may also be history soon. I already pay a bit more than 70p for my domestic LPG and I buy over 2,000 litres a year.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Thanks for the Auchan part… didn’t twig at first! It’s a little further along the same route I’m doing from Le Mans on Saturday, so pinned if needed! 👍🏻👌

Hope all goes okay with the hound… hadn’t seen you were having doggie problems! I will be parked up all day Sunday enjoying the BTCC and the F1. Can’t imagine I’m going to be popular unless the rain holds off and I can watch on the ‘garage’ TV! 🤣
No problem was searching and seen them close together :LOL:
Off topic Ruby had been sneezing a lot. Vet in uk wants around 2.5k to sort. The vet we use in Rochefort said teeth are the problem possible infection/ abscess from tooth coming out through nose maximum £350. She is 14 but hopefully fit enough and this will sort it.
Must admit I’ll be glad when she is back after 🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back