LPG guages

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 685
Hello
Newbie here.
Just become the proud owner of a 4 year Rollerteam Zefiro 685.
Have been using lpg a lot in the last week having survived my first fill.
I was advised that the bottles are "wired" so they both empty at the same time but from the gauges this doesn't seem to be the case.
Advice please.
Looking at the picture, I may have to follow up with a better one.
1728315431829.png

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I think most of us to tend to ignore (or take an indication) from the gauges.

I really wouldnt want both mine being depleted together.

We just sold our RT685 so know the van quite well. We just turned off the smaller of our 2 bottles. When the first one ran out we had enough to find some more. The larger bottle would last us 3-4 weeks in France in the summer mainly running the fridge/freezer.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
I think most of us to tend to ignore (or take an indication) from the gauges.

I really wouldnt want both mine being depleted together.

We just sold our RT685 so know the van quite well. We just turned off the smaller of our 2 bottles. When the first one ran out we had enough to find some more. The larger bottle would last us 3-4 weeks in France in the summer mainly running the fridge/freezer.
Yes I would turn off the rotary knob on one or other bottle leaving the other almost full. Then all you would have to do when the bottle in use runs out is a quick trip to the locker then turn one knob off and the other on. With luck it will not be raining when you do that!!! If you are especially vigilant and watch both the gauges and the weather forecast you could even swap bottles before the rain pours down overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Another vote for one valve closed. Both open means you learn you have no gas when both are empty. One closed means you swap over, still have gas then refill the empty one ASAP

hja

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
We have two cylinders. We were told by the supplier to open both cylinders. But we have a dial at the top that points to one or the other. We are using from the one it points to. Never been sure why we open both, but only one depletes.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have two cylinders. We were told by the supplier to open both cylinders. But we have a dial at the top that points to one or the other. We are using from the one it points to. Never been sure why we open both, but only one depletes.
Because you have a changeover valve.
Your one appears to be manual so when one bottle is empty you change to the other one.

Ours is automatic and we get a light inside the van that tells us bottle has changed over.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I was advised that the bottles are "wired" so they both empty at the same time but from the gauges this doesn't seem to be the case.
:welco:
As said best to keep one bottle turned off until you need it then you know it's time to refill.
After filling always swap bottles this prevents a possible over fill.

Your gauge only works from when the bottle is about a third full it won't register until then. Only registers from a 1/3 until empty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Your gauge only works from when the bottle is about a third full it won't register until then. Only registers from a 1/3 until empty.
Not in my experience. I'm impressed with how accurate and useful the Gaslow rotary gauges are. Both our bottles give very linear readings from full to empty.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hello
Newbie here.
Just become the proud owner of a 4 year Rollerteam Zefiro 685.
Have been using lpg a lot in the last week having survived my first fill.
Advice please.
Looking at the picture, I may have to follow up with a better one.
View attachment 961755
As you don't appear to have an auto changeover valve, both cylinders will deplete together, so the advice to keep one closed is correct and useful.
In the height of winter with Alde heating on 24/7, the full cylinder will last you around 5 - 7 x days. As soon as one cylinder is empty, fill it up ASAP.
Filling up on the way home after a trip out, means that you are ready for the next trip, and the same with diesel. (y)

HTH,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back