LPG Fill ups for my cylinders in Bury St Edmunds? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
LPG is at Thetford Services, so alot nearer than Ipswich for me! Just cleaned her out, and scrubbed her down , 12 hours later she is gleaming in the sun, a Dealership Pristine, which sadly you don't seem to get from a private purchaser !. But not any more dirt and grease is all my own, and not other occupiers ! hahah, Even bought a steam cleaner to cleandown all the upholstery, and it looks and smells like new ! Even the stains the the previous owner said, wont come out from the sides of the van, I bought a MAGIC ERASURE FOAM PAD, and all the stains have been removed ! Fantastic product, and it has made the rest of the van gleam too ! Roll on now for my very first trip, Insurance, Tax,Personalised Number plates due in 2 weeks, and it will then feel like mine, and now something a DREAMED about ! hahah

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I bought a MAGIC ERASURE FOAM PAD, and all the stains have been removed ! Fantastic product,
Oh no, I wish you hadn't done that, terrible things they should never be used on paintwork. You will now have fine scratches all over the van. They even scratch stainless steel saucepans.

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi there!

The sponge is very soft, there is nothing to scratch off the paintwork? I did a small patch around all the lockers first at 8am this morning, to allow it to dry, before doing anything else on the rest of the van! Its shining away, as the streaks were sun streaks of dirt, that look pitted, but after using this erasure, honestly it is gleaming.

As I said that is nothing in the sponge to scratch the paintwork as it is foam, and not an abrasive sponge in anyway, which as you mentioned would damage the paint work!

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
They look & feel soft but they are very abrasive.
As Lenny HB says they are a strange thing, they look and feel soft but they micro abrade stuff.
I only used to use them on the locker surround on caravans as that was already a rough end surface on most, some had a smooth surface so they had proper polishing done.
Might be worth running over the side panels with some good polish to remove any scratches and seal the finish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Oh no, I wish you hadn't done that, terrible things they should never be used on paintwork. You will now have fine scratches all over the van. They even scratch stainless steel saucepans.
My two male mates both in their 60's did a test area on back of van early this morning. No scratches at all !!! They said , like you that I shouldn't be doing this over the phone ! So told them to come over and do it and see for themselves. Not only did they do all the van with this magic erasure, but bought some more for their own cars ! So NOT SCRATCHES, it took us over 5 hours, to take down all the sundamage imprints, which the previous owner said , He had tried everything, but he could NOT shift this ! VWALARE! A gleaming white van, which is like a Pristine Garage van ! Honestly, even these two guys, were astounded by the results, !

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
sweet caroline
One or two in your area
Screenshot_20240820_000534_Chrome.jpg