Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
It must be holiday season in Norway as the Stellplatz are full of Norwegian motorhomes. They appear to travel in convoy. 3 nights ago a Carthago, Euro Mobil and a Morelo rocked up at the Stellplatz and parked fairly close to us. They proceeded to set up their table and chairs between the vans, not in an area I would have deemed as “theirs” and cracked open the beer at 11am. You can imagine how loud they were by 11pm. I bit my lip and eventually got off to sleep. Yesterday similar story with 2 Norwegian vans drinking until told to be quiet about midnight by a very big angry German. Today four vans roll in, I could feel my stomach sink. They parked close to us and started on the beer and spirits around midday. By 5pm the music is on loud and one of them takes his bikes out the garage. He then proceeds to try and prop it up against the back of my Motorhome. Let’s just say the reaction made the mad German the night before look very mild.
I don’t group everyone together as there is good and bad everywhere, but it seems to be a theme, they just don’t appear to follow any rules in relation to parking, camping and behaviour. They just seem to want to drink as much as they can.
Sorry for the rant, thunder storm now so everyone inside
I guess you get to see all kinds if you hang around on a stellplatz for several nights . . .

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I guess you get to see all kinds if you hang around on a stellplatz for several nights . . .
No idea what you mean. The Stellplatz was in Trier which is as close to a campsite as you may get. We were there for 4 nights, but not sure what relevance that has to people’s behaviour

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
No idea what you mean. The Stellplatz was in Trier which is as close to a campsite as you may get. We were there for 4 nights, but not sure what relevance that has to people’s behaviour
I don't want to get too involved with this because, in all my years of traveling, I have only used Aires & Stellplatz for overnight stopovers.
I thought those were the rules and that was what they were there for, just an overnight break, 2 nights at the most?

In Sweden and other places Ive been to, often there is a Spelplatz just outside of a campsite and owned by the same people, so if you want to stay longer and use the facilities, you pay the higher price and go on the campsite.
(Trusting people the Swedes, it would never work here.) 😢

In today's world, can one stay for as long as one wants then? 🤔

Could it be that noisy neighbours, believing you to be in transit, you can just move on?
Just asking! 🤔

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
i worked many times in Norway in offshore and also was based in Bergen for NERA telecomms for 2 years , drink was very pricy even in 1994 it was £6 a pint , every Noggie I knew had a still at home and would get loaded on firewater usually home made vodka before going out . They had 4 seasons of weather Rain , then Cold Then Rain then summer During the rainy months they worked and stayed in , during the icy snowy winter cold months they were out partying , skiing ,snow baording etc but in summer months they worked partied all day and night een on work days they never slept ,, they said sleeping was for winter time. Great people the Noggies , they can be insular when and they can be amazingly lazy they hate doing overtime they left us Brits to do that ,, I have many Noggy Friends I was sent to venezuela for a year with 3 Noggy pals for a big telecomms project , Rum was $4 a bottle they were always spaced out ....2 ended up in clinics ha ha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I don't want to get too involved with this because, in all my years of traveling, I have only used Aires & Stellplatz for overnight stopovers.
I thought those were the rules and that was what they were there for, just an overnight break, 2 nights at the most?

In Sweden and other places Ive been to, often there is a Spelplatz just outside of a campsite and owned by the same people, so if you want to stay longer and use the facilities, you pay the higher price and go on the campsite.
(Trusting people the Swedes, it would never work here.) 😢

In today's world, can one stay for as long as one wants then? 🤔

Could it be that noisy neighbours, believing you to be in transit, you can just move on?
Just asking! 🤔
I think you understanding of a Stellplatz and mine are a little different. This is one of the places I had an issue:

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
Recently back from Norway yes £9.00 plus a pint or tin in the bars the further north the more the cost but only £2.00 a tin for same beer in supermarkets and wine £10.00 plus a glass but nice bottles of red about £12.00 in the wine shops.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Recently back from Norway yes £9.00 plus a pint or tin in the bars the further north the more the cost but only £2.00 a tin for same beer in supermarkets and wine £10.00 plus a glass but nice bottles of red about £12.00 in the wine shops.
No wonder they get drunk at home before they go out if drinking their thing! 😱

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
The other day a Norwegian couple rocked up next to us at Belezy in Provence. A lovely couple. We invited them into our van to watch the football final. A lovely evening with some wine.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We have some lovely Norwegian friends, and some neighbours here in Spain. They DO like to have a few drinks whilst they're here.

We visited them in Norway. We bought the wine for a few days away in their mountain cabin. Im so glad we don’t live there full time.

We also bought the liquor to have with Smalahove that they had cooked especially for us. We didn't regret every cent it cost us 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We have some lovely Norwegian friends, and some neighbours here in Spain. They DO like to have a few drinks whilst they're here.

We visited them in Norway. We bought the wine for a few days away in their mountain cabin. Im so glad we don’t live there full time.

We also bought the liquor to have with Smalahove that they had cooked especially for us. We didn't regret every cent it cost us 🤣🤣🤣🤣
How did you enjoy the eyes, a bit chewy maybe? 😄

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019

Had to Google it.

I'll try anything once but suspect I would be heaving later, deffo if it was an eye
:sick:🤮

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I think I might be Norwegian
Why ?

1721242348706.png
:giggler: :giggler: :giggler:

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I remember flying to Sweden in the 80's I think I was the only sober one on the flight, the Swedes were pissed out of their heads.

If you want to enjoy some excellent people watching/street theatre then I’d suggest taking an outside table at one of the bars or cafes in the Main Street, aka ‘Street of a Thousand Liquor Stores’, of Helsingør, Denmark.

On any weekend - probably other days in between as well - there’s a constant stream of Swedes disembarking from the ferry after the short crossing from Helsingborg just across the Øresund Straight.

They purposefully make their way up the street from the terminal, going from bar to bar and store to store, before returning in a rather more unsteady manner later in the day. Some don’t make it all the way, and there appears to be a well drilled clean up squad on hand to deal with the stragglers/incapacitated. No agro that we’ve witnessed on the occasions we’ve visited but some seriously disorientated people wandering around!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back