Loud humming noise from Motorhome pdu charger (1 Viewer)

andy_swales@y

Free Member
Jul 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
bailey
Can anyone help please, just purchased a 2 year old Motorhome. Purchase hook up leads today and plugged in. Charger is making and awful loud humming noise. Is that normal?

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
What is loud? my Hobby was rather loud, the Carado less so and the Pilote silent but water pumps were in reverse order! They all make noises from various sources switch off one at time, lights, auxiliary, water and heat and then you might pin point the culprit!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Van make ? Model ? Year ? Brand of charger ?

More info gets a better response 👍👍

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
No, you may hear a very low hum when the fan kicks in but hardly noticeable. it may be the fan hitting against the housing or (like I had recently) an issue with a component on the the PCB, I did initially do a repair job but felt the unit was getting too hot for my liking so replaced the unit (easy enough job but if under warranty get the dealer to sort it) I did actually extend some of the cables so I could move it out of the consumer unit so it was in a better ventilated area under the seat.

My van is a 2019 Bailey 796 and the new charger was about £130 if I remember correctly, job took all of about 15 minutes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back