Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
The front marker light has stopped working. Looks like you have to get at it to remove it from behind.
Thats getting all the internal trim out
Anyone done one of these Hymer 880 2021
Any help appreciated

tempImagegW71dX.png

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Is it worth you changing the 'topic title' to try to attract more specific answers/interest?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
Is the light not set in a rubber seal so you can prize the edge of the seal off and pull the glass out. Dose t seem right to have to dismantle half of the interior just to change a bulb. šŸ«£

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Surely that must allow for removal/bulb change from the front? Would be a pretty bad design if you had to start dismantling internal trim to do so. :oops:

OP
OP
Monty don
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Looking in manual it says its an led unit and contact the service centre
Brilliant
Its looking more like a one piece unit with the screw faster at the back the more I delve into this and its buried by the internal fittings

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Mine went on my Auto Trail Mohawk, mine are stuck in the hole with sealent so needed to cut through it to remove the light, I couldn't get to the connectors so cut the wires and made up new ends for the new LED, but it still didn't work, I bench tested the old one and it worked so now thinking it maybe an earthing issue as the fuse is ok. My problem is I don't know where the negative is grounded and like the OP it's all behind fixed cupboards and panel.

Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
Just spoke to hubby he said it is a sealed unit that comes out completely with wires attached. Our seal was worn so he fixed ours back in with some sealant. But no need to wreck the inside of the van, good luck hope this helps šŸ¤ž

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Monty don
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Just spoke to hubby he said it is a sealed unit that comes out completely with wires attached. Our seal was worn so he fixed ours back in with some sealant. But no need to wreck the inside of the van, good luck hope this helps šŸ¤ž
thanks ill get back up there and start digging about

May 30, 2017
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
Completely different vehicle and light, but I changed one of the two rear led number plate lamps on our Swift Escape a couple of years back. What should have been a quick job took hours. Removed the two screws holding it in but then it still wouldn't budge at all due to the truly excessive amount of sealant behind it. Took me ages to dig away at that whilst lying on my back, then struggled to get at the connector inside the bodywork. Eventually managed to connect the new one, add sealant and screw it in.

They must fit them onto the panel and seal at the back as the vehicle is being assembled, and someone went overboard with sealant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back