Looking for a recommended repairer (15 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
On our first ever adventure into Europe we managed to scrape the Motorhome on a petrol pump concrete base on our second day (d’oh!)

Luckily, it is mainly trim damage and not anything substantial and we are looking for a recommendation for a repairer.

It is a Swift Escape 674 and it looks like it might simply be a case of replacing the three pieces of trim and the habitation door surround (unless the surround can be filled/repaired at the bottom, my knowledge of such things is very limited). The door itself has minor scuffs that we can live with (badge of honour)!

See the attached photos - thanks all 👍

IMG_8259.jpeg

IMG_8258.jpeg

IMG_8257.jpeg

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Don't worry we all do it occasionally

I'm useless at mechanics but filler is easy as is painting if you take your time - did you pick up the missing piece and save it ?? fairly simple to reapply too and doing it yourself is going to save hundreds
and the first time you may make a few mistakes but sandpaper is pretty good at taking filler back to re do it again

Unfortunately I can't help with body shops where you live but if you look up for a approved workshop they'll help but they'll point you in the right direction if they can't

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It's a very easy repair fitting new skirt parts and trims. Big issue is sourcing them, as manufacturers only supply via dealers and even then it can be a very long lead time

I would find a local GRP repairer to recreate the missing and broken bits. Some can of course be filled and painted

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
It's a very easy repair fitting new skirt parts and trims. Big issue is sourcing them, as manufacturers only supply via dealers and even then it can be a very long lead time

I would find a local GRP repairer to recreate the missing and broken bits. Some can of course be filled and painted
Thanks TheBig1. Lead time is of no consequence as it is purely cosmetic.

Madcaravanner: I didn’t keep the missing piece as it would have been a painful reminder during the course of our 10 week adventure, I also thought that it would not be repairable.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
On our first ever adventure into Europe we managed to scrape the Motorhome on a petrol pump concrete base on our second day (d’oh!)

Luckily, it is mainly trim damage and not anything substantial and we are looking for a recommendation for a repairer.

It is a Swift Escape 674 and it looks like it might simply be a case of replacing the three pieces of trim and the habitation door surround (unless the surround can be filled/repaired at the bottom, my knowledge of such things is very limited). The door itself has minor scuffs that we can live with (badge of honour)!

See the attached photos - thanks all 👍

View attachment 917360

View attachment 917361

View attachment 917362
You have one of the best very close to you!
Unfortunately he usually has a fair bit of a waiting list.
Apex Motorhome service of Mereworth

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
MAS Car and Commercial , Unit 7 West Lane Trading Estate , Sittingbourne, tel 01795 427300, Big Workshops does lots of Trucks and Motorhomes, Mike is the owner, I have used him for both MH and Truck. Very friendly and reasonable on the pocket

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back