Looking for a Pub/Hotel stopover with accommodation (bedroom for MiL) (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We're looking for a pub/hotel type stopover that also has guest accommodation. We are looking to take the MiL away for a couple of days (though SWMS has insisted we also take her back home 🤔🤔) She is in Manchester and we are in Essex, so anywhere in England or Wales within a couple of hours drive from Manchester would work.
We would stay in the motorhome and the MiL, who has restricted mobility but can walk ok albeit it slowly, would stay in the pub/hotel.
Thanks .....

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We're looking for a pub/hotel type stopover that also has guest accommodation. We are looking to take the MiL away for a couple of days (though SWMS has insisted we also take her back home 🤔🤔) She is in Manchester and we are in Essex, so anywhere in England or Wales within a couple of hours drive from Manchester would work.
We would stay in the motorhome and the MiL, who has restricted mobility but can walk ok albeit it slowly, would stay in the pub/hotel.
Thanks .....
Does it have to be a pub/hotel?
Some campsites have sleeping pods.
Never stayed in one so cannot recommend but.......

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks .....
There are lots on FB

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
How about Southport.. Done this a few times with family who stay at the Travelodge, we have then stayed very near at the park if there was a CCC THS site going otherwise Pleasureland carpark. There is also a CMC site very close.
Town is fairly flat with wide pavements. If your not a Spoons hater there is one very close to the Travelodge plus a Morrisons almost next door as a backup for breakfast. (y)

ps.. Also on search for sites it states a car park now being used £5 a night but that is opposite end of town, however there is a Premier inn not far away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Does it have to be a pub/hotel?
Some campsites have sleeping pods.
Never stayed in one so cannot recommend but.......
Thanks for your suggestion, but she wouldnt want to be in a 'sleeping pod', although i do agree with you that it would be a good option to consider if .....!

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
How about Southport.. Done this a few times with family who stay at the Travelodge, we have then stayed very near at the park if there was a CCC THS site going otherwise Pleasureland carpark. There is also a CMC site very close.
Town is fairly falt with wide pavements. If your not a Spoons hater there is one very close to the Travelodge plus a Morrisons almost next door as a backup for breakfast. (y)

ps.. Also on search for sites it states a car park now being used £5 a night but that is opposite end of town, however there is a Premier inn not far away.
she would want us to be 'on site' so that she felt comfortable, though i appreciate your suggestion.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
There are lots on FB
ive just done a search using the bosses phone, lots of groups to join, any you recommend?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Thanks for your suggestion, but she wouldnt want to be in a 'sleeping pod', although i do agree with you that it would be a good option to consider if .....!
I can understand, I'm not sure I would want to spend a night in a 'Pod' either but, I just thought something other than pub/hotel might be worth considering?
Good luck!

Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
We done a similar trip last summer. We stayed at
Coalbeck Caravan Park
Bassenthwaite, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 4RD. My MIL and FIL stayed in a static and we parked right next to them. The static was fabulous with a walk in shower etc. Bassenthwaite is quiet and peaceful compared to other places in the Lakes.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks .....

Basia's Mother, who also had restricted mobility, used to come with us for nights in the MH, including showering on board, starting after she was 90, when I arrived here with the MH, until she was nearer 100. She died peacefully in her bed at 101.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
ive just done a search using the bosses phone, lots of groups to join, any you recommend?
This one seems pretty active

It wont let me share the link

Its called UK Pub stopover Reviews for campers and motorhomes by someone called Amanda Leetham

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Here we go, best pub, best grub, free hookup, great rooms and a nice log fire.

Lovely walks too and really worth considering.

Was there 3 nights last week 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We once stayed in a hotel in Boscastle while our van was parked in the hotel car park. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, giving good advice about parking without getting in the way of other guests, and didn't seem at all put out. We of course ate in the hotel. It did seem to me that they would have been happy had someone else slept in the van. You could ask around the target area.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks .....
Rhualt country park north wales, I stay often ...quiet...
caravan site, SPA, nice restaurant & pub, & rooms

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Have a look on the Search for sites app and filter down to pub stop overs (pint pot sign) sure there has to be some in there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back