Locked out of mhome ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ™ˆ (14 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Well management has often said, make sure you have your keys with you when you leave the MHome.

Well I carried Ralf outside to do his business when I heard the Hab door close. Sh.... T๐Ÿ˜ญ

Please there be a window open, locker not locked. NO.

Management had gone for a swim, she may have keys on her๐Ÿ™

I could see my keys hanging from a bag๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Management will be back soon with appropriate words of wisdom ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ

The only "tool" I had was a fork๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Management returned but no keys.. ahhhhhh.

Fortunately management had left the windows on the outer lock fixing but I had to be able to push the button in.

Fork and branch twig came to rescue, I could then lean in and pull out keys.

Phew......

Lesson that could be learnt, always listen to management ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
carabiner-springycable-keys-belthook&pocket-first thing in the morning
Or fasten to the dog's collar so that when he's let out the keys go with him ... could be fun though if he decides to chase a cat! ๐Ÿ˜„

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Our Swift had a habit of the habitation door locking itself, thankfully the cab door was open the first time we found out :oops:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Should the hab door lock itself when it closes?
Ours did the other morning.

I disarmed the central locking alarm, went out for a back stretch walk, closed door after exit, then if door is closed 30 seconds after disarming it then locks.

Luckily wife doesn't get up early......apart from that morning when I got back

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our vans got stupid Central locking I hate it.
Unlock it and anything between 15 sec & 1min it auto relocks and it can't be disabled. I have to unlock the van open the hab door so the door contacts aren't made so when it relocks only the cab door locks.

I'm going to fit a switch on the hab door in line with the solinoid then I can unlock flip the switch and be confident it ain't going to relock.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Well management has often said, make sure you have your keys with you when you leave the MHome.

Well I carried Ralf outside to do his business when I heard the Hab door close. Sh.... T๐Ÿ˜ญ

Please there be a window open, locker not locked. NO.

Management had gone for a swim, she may have keys on her๐Ÿ™

I could see my keys hanging from a bag๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Management will be back soon with appropriate words of wisdom ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ

The only "tool" I had was a fork๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Management returned but no keys.. ahhhhhh.

Fortunately management had left the windows on the outer lock fixing but I had to be able to push the button in.

Fork and branch twig came to rescue, I could then lean in and pull out keys.

Phew......

Lesson that could be learnt, always listen to management ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
You need a cockatiel, then there's always a window open to keep the van cooler ๐Ÿ˜
Screenshot_20240926_191720_Gallery.jpg

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฅฐ

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Unlock it and anything between 15 sec & 1min it auto relocks and it can't be disabled. I have to unlock the van open the hab door so the door contacts aren't made so when it relocks only the cab door locks.

I'm going to fit a switch on the hab door in line with the solinoid then I can unlock flip the switch and be confident it ain't going to relock.
Find the fuse and remove it, I didn't want the hab door and garage door unlocking whilst I was opening the drivers door so pulled the fuse.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Find the fuse and remove it, I didn't want the hab door and garage door unlocking whilst I was opening the drivers door so pulled the fuse.
Can't operate the hab door lock manually well you can but it takes incredible effort against the solinoid. Could remove the soloniod but I think my switch is the easy answer.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We keep the 'blade' of a key in a secret external place on the van.
It will only open one thing (not the hab door).

From there, if you know how, access can be gained to the vehicle, and there is set of keys hidden inside.
However you would have set off an alarm obtaining them, so you need to know how to disarm the alarm as well.

And even with a full set of keys you can not drive off, as the immobiliser needs to be disarmed as well.

And there is a further simple security issue which will stop the van being driven without the knowledge of how and where to unlock it.

Aug 15, 2022
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
1 year and a bit
I wouldnโ€™t hide a key in the van, a thief could find it and I donโ€™t think your insurance company would settle your claim.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

It should only relock if a door isn't opened?
If you open a cab door it should stay unlocked

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It should only relock if a door isn't opened?
If you open a cab door it should stay unlocked
Nope has a mind of its own, even if it did it wouldn't help hardly ever use the cab door on an A Class.

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Its rather odd as our Carthago doesnt seem to relock even if we havnt opened a door after unlocking, perhaps its because ours is a C class, or perhaps it does but weve not been in a situation when we have unlocked but not opened :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back