Living /Working on Campsite

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
hymer swing
Seen a few adverts for working on campsites to help out some are with a wage and free pitch,others are voluntary but with a free pitch whist helping out.Anybody done this in the past or currently doing it?What was the experience like?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Not sure about "voluntary" with a free pitch.
I would have to see written down what "work" I would be doing to balance the cosy of a free pitch.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria
I've not done it personally but have got to know a few 'wardens'

The work much depends on the site. It normally involves the cleaning & upkeep of the site, shower blocks, pitches; the internal moving of MHs & caravans if required (eg in or out of storage to a pitch)
They can also be required to cover duty work for late arrivals - particularly if a barrier is used & helping with any problems visitors may encounter with their MH or caravan

Basically they're general dogsbodies but on the right site I'm told it can be a very enjoyable way to spend a season

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Tried " Dropping out " in the 80's. went assistant wardens for the now CCMC. There were seasonal static pitches,6/8 touring pitches and a secured parking area for storage of c/vans-m/ho's, and a pressure washer bay. It was near Gatwick airport and a lot of the seasonal Static pitches were used every weekend as the owners got out of london for a breather.
It was a good little job,i didn't mind getting up early,so at 05.00 hrs i would check the gents and ladies WC/shower areas for the guests,come back have my Weety bangs...( Had to have words with a Nurse........ SHE was cooking Eggs and Bacon......every morning...... and me going back to weety bangs !! :ROFLMAO: ) Jennifer helped out in the office,i just did mowing,area cleaning,hedge brushing and getting units out of storage when asked by members who wanted to get away quick .
Weekends were spent keeping an eye on the cleanliness of the site,of a nice night,you would be invited to join in a BBQ,ladies brought cakes and wine,the chaps brought...BEER .
The plan being,keep some money coming in to tick over on and escape to warmer places in the winter..
What stopped this lifestyle........ House prices were sky rocketing and we thought that if we carried on with this lifestyle we would end up not being able to get back into the housing market at the same place as we left,so,went back driving up and down the frog n' toad for a living.
Great job, you meet some super people and your not checking your rear view mirrors for the " Flashing Blue Lights 🚛 " every 5 mins. Go with an open mind,make sure you have a back up plan and ENJOY.
Tea Bag.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Back